In this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars Pop! Retro Series by Funko
- Star Wars Pinball VR by Zen Studios
- Chewbacca Appears in Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #13
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Special
- And more!
Read More »
Chewbacca has always been a supporting player in the Star Wars universe, but in this year’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, he was promoted to one of the primary protagonists. As a much more involved character, he needed a larger range of vocal noises here than in any previous film, so the team at Skywalker Sound set out to capture some animal noises that would provide the basis for the Wookiee’s voice in the new movie.
In a new behind-the-scenes video, you can watch the sound team recording growls from a bear and a seal to pump up Chewie’s vocabulary. Plus, we have a few more bonus features, including a look at Phoebe Waller-Bridge‘s L3 droid costume and screenwriters Lawrence and Jon Kasdan talking about working with each other on the movie. Read More »
Has Chewbacca eaten a human? We know Han Solo’s furry friend fried up some porgs in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, but has Chewie ever chowed down on human flesh? It’s a question longtime Star Wars fans may have been mulling over for years, but one that jumped to the forefront of many minds when Solo: A Star Wars Story came out this May. Now the official Solo novelization has provided the answer. Read More »
Production of Lucasfilm’s somehow-still-untitled Han Solo movie rages on with the departure of original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller still fresh on everyone’s mind, but filmmaker Ron Howard (Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind) has come on board to captain the ship and lead the movie across the finish line.
And even though he’s only been working on the film for a short time, he’s already generating some chatter among Star Wars fans. Early this morning, Howard shared a behind-the-scenes photo from the film’s set, and that photo may have revealed that Chewbacca’s wife appears in the upcoming movie. Let’s take a closer look.
Read More »
Do we need to know how Han Solo was raised as a kid? Not really, but from what we’ve heard so far about the untitled Han Solo spin-off, that’s not the type of origin story director Phil Lord & Chris Miller are cooking up for audiences. Of course some familiar faces are bound to appear in the film, including Han Solo’s loyal pal and co-pilot, Chewbacca.
This isn’t a huge surprise, but it’s been confirmed the lovable Wookiee is a part of the film.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
It’s a question that’s haunted Star Wars fans for almost four decades now: why the hell doesn’t Chewbacca get a medal at the end of A New Hope? Luke gets one, and Han gets one, but Chewie, despite having been present for just as much of the action, gets overlooked. Did the medal store run out? Does Chewie have a principled stance against trophy culture? Is Leia secretly an anti-Wookiee racist?
Thankfully, the latest issue of the Chewbacca comic book series finally clears things up. Hit the jump to find out just what the deal with Chewbacca and that Medal of Bravery. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we’ll take a look at the following:
- 5 easter eggs you may have missed in the Star Wars: the Force Awakens 360 degree Jakku video.
- Anthony Ingruber was almost cast as Han Solo.
- Find out when you can play the Star Wars Battlefront video game beta.
- Is Disney considering Force Awakens meet and greets at Disneyland?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar will finally reveal details about her role in Star Wars Rebels.
- Promotional Star Wars: the Force Awakens character posters released reminiscent of the Olly Moss original trilogy prints.
- See new images and learn more about the new Chewbacca comic book series.
- A new rumor as to the identity of Max von Sydow’s character in The Force Awakens.
- See more cover art from the Star Wars: Shattered Empire comic books.
- The above web comic strip was created by Matt Rhodes.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace to begin.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
Before you go off to spend your weekend chilling like Chewbacca here, we’ve got everything you need to know about what’s new in the world of Star Wars. After the jump:
- Check out an awesome fanmade Holochess table with augmented reality
- Take a peek inside Chewbacca‘s upcoming solo comic series
- The Slave Leia costume and other Star Wars lots are up for auction
- See the Force Awakens pins on sale at Disney parks
- This Battlefront deluxe edition comes with a Han Solo mini-fridge
- The Star Wars Battlefront beta will be open to everyone
- Watch a preview of Star Wars Rebels Season 2
- What accent will Daisy Ridley have in The Force Awakens?
- General Hux actor Domhnall Gleeson defends the First Order
- Rian Johnson thanks the good people of County Kerry, Ireland
- Rest assured no Skellig Michael wildlife was harmed in the shoot
- Mark Hamill has been spotted pulling pints in Ireland
- Episode VIII might be shooting in Greenham Common now
Read More »
Marvel Comics have announced a new Star Wars comic book series based on the character Chewbacca. The new Star Wars Chewbacca comic book series will be written by Gerry Duggan (Deadpool) and artist Phil Noto (Jonah Hex, X-23, Uncanny X-Force, Black Widow).
The storyline will be set directly after Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and will finds Chewie on a strange planet, teaming up with new allies and maybe bumping into some old acquaintances (because what would a Star Wars comic be without easter eggs that make the expansive huge universe seem smaller and smaller). Hit the jump to find out more about this new comic book series and see two of the Star Wars Chewbacca comic book covers.
Read More »