Just a few months ago, we heard Charlie Sheen was still hoping to return as Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn and get back in the dugout with his old Cleveland Indians gang for Major League 3. Since then, we haven’t heard anything about an real development on the project that has supposedly been in the works for years, but there was a little Major League reunion that happened this past weekend that should make fans simultaneously happy and also aware that time is a cruel mistress.
In Iowa, there’s a celebrity softball game, meet and greet, and more that takes place at the real Field of Dreams from the movie of the same name starring Kevin Costner. Typically, the celebrities are former baseball players participating in the game, as well as Q&A sessions and autograph signings. But this year, MAB Celebrity Services and Prince Marketing Group rounded up Major League stars Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen and Tom Berenger for a photo session, and you can get a glimpse at the gang below. Read More »
Charlie Sheen wants to play Ricky “Wild Thing” Vaughn again. The actor, who hasn’t starred in a movie since 2012 and probably doesn’t have to make another film again after Two and a Half Men, has been talking about Major League 3 since last year. The original movie’s writer/director, David S. Ward, has a finished script most of the original cast is game to come back for, according to Sheen.
Below, find out what another Major League sequel would be about.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
Charlie Sheen is about to have another run-in with the law. Not in real life (not that we know of at least, but who ever knows with this guy), but on the ABC series The Goldbergs.
The actor is set to reprise his small but memorable role from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off as “Boy in the Police Station” for an upcoming episode which will pay homage to the John Hughes classic. After the jump, get details and see the first images from the Goldbergs Ferris Bueller episode featuring Sheen. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
3D trailers are great if you’re watching them in a 3D movie theater with your 3D glasses on, but so-called 3D trailers on the Internet usually aren’t anything special. Since the effects don’t work on our computers, most “3D trailers” just turn out to be 2D trailers with action-packed scenes that we can sorta-kinda picture looking exciting in 3D.
But leave it to Robert Rodriguez‘s gleefully over-the-top Machete Kills to go over-the-top with its 3D Internet trailer. No, not even the world’s toughest ex-Federale can make your laptop suddenly support 3D technology. But he can offer a video with explosions so big, they can’t be contained by your average video player. See what we mean after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Just can’t wait for the October release of Machete Kills? Check out 10 minutes of B-roll footage right here. Also after the jump:
- Uwe Boll plans to make Postal 2 really offensive
- Eli Roth has an update on the Green Inferno sequel
- Take a peek at a clip from I Spit on Your Grave 2
Read More »
At this point you probably know what the Robert Rodriguez film Machete Kills is all about, so a new red-band trailer is just a mid-week distraction. But if you’re looking for the sort of distraction that involves wild violence, exploitative action, and a knife fight with Mel Gibson, this is going to be perfect.
This sequel to Machete is a cavalcade of stars, or at least of personality. Danny Trejo returns as ex-Federale Machete, and Gibson is a bad-guy arms dealer, Charlie Sheen (aka Carlos Estevez) is the President of the United States, and Amber Heard, Michelle Rodriguez, Sofía Vergara, Lady Gaga, and Cuba Gooding Jr. all show up. That’s not even the whole of the cast.
Machete Kills opens in October, but it premieres this Thursday as the opening night selection of Fantastic Fest. We’ll have a report after that premiere. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
You know how we’ve all been clamoring for a Showgirls sequel? Well, too bad, because we’re getting one anyway. Kind of. Also after the jump:
- Watch a clip from the direct-to-DVD sequel Curse of Chucky
- Paul Greengrass confirms that he has not signed on for more Bourne
- Lady Gaga will drop by Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Pretty girls and scary weapons abound in new Machete Kills pics
- See two new stills from the Rurouni Kenshin sequels landing next summer
- Kelsey Grammer chats Transformers 4, and a new set video surfaces
Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
The marketing team at Apple would have you believe that there’s an app for everything, but when you’re a killer agent, sometimes you need your tools to be a little more hands-on. Count on Robert Rodriguez to fix that problem by hiding a blade inside the device.
That’s just one of the many ridiculous sights on display in Machete Kills, which once again stars Danny Trejo as ex-Federale Machete. When a billionaire arms dealer (Mel Gibson) plans to ignite a war by launching a missile into space, the President of the United States (Charlie Sheen, billed as “Carlos Estevez”) calls upon Machete to stop him. Watch the new full-length trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who better to make a special Grown Ups 2 chili recipe than Guy Fieri? Also after the jump:
- Legendary doesn’t seem optimistic about Hellboy 3
- Neill Blomkamp isn’t interested in Star Trek 3
- Steven Seagal might do Expendables 3
- Transformers 4 sets up a Chinatown in Detroit
- Optimus Prime sees some action in new set videos
- Machete Kills will premiere at Fantastic Fest
- Charlie Sheen gets his own character poster
- Rub a dub dub, it’s a guy from The Raid 2 in a tub
- The gang’s all here in The Best Man Holiday trailer
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
I suppose 32-year-old Ben Savage is technically old enough to have a 13-year-old daughter, but it still feels weird to see him playing the proud dad instead of the confused kid on Girl Meets World, doesn’t it? Also after the jump:
- Darren Aronofsky and HBO ditch Michael Chabon‘s Hobgoblin
- FX’s The Strain adds John Hurt; Liv Tyler is one of HBO’s Leftovers
- Guillermo del Toro has guest directed something on The Simpsons
- Juan Antonio Bayona will direct Sam Mendes‘ Penny Dreadful
- Channing Tatum will produce a show by Pete from Happy Endings
- Almost all of CBS‘s shows will premiere the week of September 22
- Netflix will return to Eli Roth‘s Hemlock Grove for a second season
- Charlie Sheen gets Selma Blair fired from Anger Management
- Dan Harmon is sorry he said those mean things about Community Season 4
- Girl Meets World is a go; see proud parents Cory and Topanga in new pics
- Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan are Masters of Sex in a new trailer
Read More »