In this edition of TV Bits:
- Sarah Silverman strikes a deal for a late-night series pilot and stand-up comedy special with HBO.
- Heather Graham joins The Stand.
- What We Do in the Shadows season 2 has started production.
- Stephen Colbert will host The Late Show until at least 2023.
- Kurt Sutter has bee fired for being a jerk.
- There will be a dramatic TV series based on Clueless for some reason.
- A TV adaptation of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical will air on Nickelodeon.
- The Crown season 3 now has a regal poster.
- Bless the Harts renewed for a second season.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series has also been renewed for a second season.
Read More »
Along with blockbuster summer, it’s also upfronts season in the television world, and that means we’re starting to glimpse of the new shows that will be coming to the small screen for the 2019-2020 season. Today, the FOX network has unveiled their primetime slate of new shows, and we have a first look at each of them with a round-up of trailers below.
FOX’s new shows this fall include the crime series Prodigal Son from Riverdale executive producers Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, the family drama Not Just Me starring Pitch Perfect’s Brittany Snow, and the animated Bless the Harts from Last Man on Earth writer Emily Spivey. Plus, we get a glimpse of midseason shows like the crime drama Deputy with Stephen Dorff, the tech thriller neXt starring John Slattery, and more. Watch all the 2019 FOX TV series trailers below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 7th, 2019 by Fred Topel
Phil Lord and Chris Miller are returning to TV animation with the Fox series Bless the Harts. Created and run by Emily Spivey, the Harts are a southern family. Spivey becomes the first female animation showrunner on Fox, with Lord and Miller producing. With the show in production for a straight to series order, the cast gave a table read for the Television Critics Association. Afterwards, the producers and cast answered questions about the upcoming Fox Sunday night series.
Read More »