In a time when the casts of cult TV shows and beloved movies are getting together virtually left and right, there is still only one Zoom reunion to rule them all and in the darkness bind them — or at least, provide us a small reprieve as the real world gets more distressing by the minute. Josh Gad has been uniting casts of Back to the Future, Splash, and The Goonies, with his Reunited Apart web series, but his latest one is the most epic reunion yet.
The cast of The Lord of the Rings got the Fellowship back together over Zoom to swap filming stories and show off the matching tattoos they got together. Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Ian McKellen, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, and Orlando Bloom all appeared and were soon joined by “many surprise” guests in the biggest Zoom reunion that Gad has held thus far. You can watch the entire hour-long The Lord of The Rings reunion below.
Read More »
This past December marked the 15th anniversary of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, the first chapter in one of the greatest film trilogies of all time. Since that’s not exactly a celebratory, milestone anniversary, there wasn’t much pomp and circumstance. But a little over a month later, a mini-reunion of some of the members of the fellowship has taken place.
In what appears to be an impromptu reunion, Aragon (Viggo Mortensen), Frodo (Elijah Wood), Legolas (Orlando Bloom), Merry (Dominic Monaghan) and Pippin (Billy Boyd) all got together for a meal, and they took some time to snap a few pictures of the occasion as well. Check out the Lord of the Rings reunion photo after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
So many sequels, so little time. So let’s get to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum isn’t so sure about 23 Jump Street
- Magic Mike XXL could be in 3D (but probably won’t be)
- Adam McKay is still planning to make Step Brothers 2
- Producer Malek Akkad has a Halloween 3 update
- Rumor has it Frank Grillo will lead Skyline 2
- Jason Reitman offers a suggestion for Ghostbusters 3
- See the Lorde-curated soundtrack list for Mockingjay
- Billy Boyd will sing the final Hobbit credit song
- Check out the new banner for Horrible Bosses 2
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
I think it’s fair to say that we at /Film have been pretty thorough in our coverage of Sam Raimi’s Wizard of Oz prequel Oz: The Great and Powerful, reporting on every last Bruce Campbell cameo and black-and-white prologue. But in our excitement over that film, we’ve apparently overlooked another, unrelated project that also takes inspiration from L. Frank Baum‘s much-loved fantasy world.
Titled Dorothy and the Witches of Oz, Leigh Scott‘s low-budget sorta-sequel stars Paulie Rojas as successful NYC-based children’s author Dorothy Gale, who learns that her Oz adventures weren’t imagined, but real. Christopher Lloyd, Sean Astin, Ethan Embry, and Billy Boyd also star. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
You’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t like one of the following four movies: The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Independence Day or Batman. Odds are everyone likes at least one of those films (or film series), probably very passionately in fact. And if that’s the case, you’ll definitely want to hit the jump on this story. After the jump we’ve got information on the following:
- Empire Magazine has an exclusive video of Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, Domenic Monaghan and Billy Boyd reuniting on the 10th anniversary of the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Access Hollywood is reporting the sequel to J.J. Abrams‘ 2009 Star Trek will not be simply called Star Trek 2.
- Roland Emmerich is at it again, saying he’s talked to Will Smith about coming back for Independence Day 2.
- Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises won’t film at Occupy Wall Street as production hits the Big Apple.
Read More »