In case you had forgotten, there are 76 characters jam-packed into the upcoming Marvel Studios movie, Avengers: Infinity War. But there’s one familiar Marvel Comics character that you were never going to see in Infinity War: Adam Warlock.
An Adam Warlock appearance was never in the cards for screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, despite the pivotal role the cosmic character plays in the Infinity Gauntlet comics. And knowing how many characters Markus and McFeely had to give screentime, that’s no surprise. But what is surprising is that the duo almost introduced a giant snake instead.
Read More »
James Gunn has proven to be one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s most valuable players. He’s become the go-to guy for all things cosmic, and his third Guardians of the Galaxy movie will set up the next ten years of Marvel Studios movies. That’s a lot of power for someone who was directing little-seen films like Slither and Super just a few years ago.
In a recent Facebook Q&A, the writer/director revealed that before he became such a vital part of the MCU, there were a couple of other superhero films he dreamed of making, and one of them was a Hulk/Red Hulk movie. Plus, he also confirmed a connection between the original Guardians movie and the character of Adam Warlock, who was introduced at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Get the details below.
Read More »
Guardians of the Galaxy might be Marvel’s most elaborate film to date when it comes to easter eggs. I’ve watched the film twice now and have noticed a ton of inside jokes, references to characters from the comic books, 1980’s callbacks and more.I attempted to compile the most complete listing of Guardians of the Galaxy easter eggs, including (possible spoilers teased in the following):
- Who is Peter Quill’s father? Does Peter Quill’s mother have a relationship with Captain America?
- The geography of the four revealed Infinity Gems (which stones have been revealed and where are they?)
- Many Marvel comic book characters you didn’t see appear in Guardians (including a prominent female Krylorian techno-artist)
- A look at many of the treasures which can be seen inside The Collector’s museum (who or what is in the cocoon?)
- 8 cameo appearances from filmmakers, actors and even pets revealed (Nathan Fillion and Seth Green, where?)
- The stars behind the CG characters (who played Rocket on set?)
- A look at the 1980’s pop culture references in the film (did you know Star-Lord’s ship is named after a 1980’s television star?)
- How the comic book canon differs from what appeared on screen
- Funny credits and more
Take a look at /Film’s Guardians of the Galaxy easter egg list after the jump.
Read More »