The Morning Watch is a recurring feature that highlights a handful of noteworthy videos from around the web. They could be video essays, fanmade productions, featurettes, short films, hilarious sketches, or just anything that has to do with our favorite movies and TV shows.
In this edition, for the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, the animated shorts of Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventures tackles The Battle of Hoth. Plus, learn the history of Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin located at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland, and listen to Nicholas Hoult break down the most memorable characters in his career, from About a Boy to X-Men and more. Read More »
This Christmas, the collective entity of /Film pooled their efforts together to present this gift. Earlier this week, I polled all our writers and editors for their top ten holiday films of all time. I then gave each film on each list a 1 to 10 ranking. 10 points for first place, 1 point for 10th place, and added up the results. What were the results? Pretty predictable, if you ask me, but fun nevertheless.
Still, there were plenty of great movies on the list and weird subplots to explore. For example, only two of us put the same film number one, and it just so happens to be our overall top pick. However, another writer hasn’t even seen that movie. (Until late last night, as it turns out.) Which film is it? And what did it beat out? You’ll have to click below to read /Film’s 20 Favorite Holiday movies of all time. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The pilot casting blitz isn’t over yet. Also after the jump:
- Kristen Wiig‘s Arrested Development role revealed
- Yeah, NBC is probably going to cancel Up All Night
- HBO decides not to go with James Gandolfini‘s pilot
- HBO’s cancelled drama Luck finds new life as a blog
- Survey says House of Cards is a success for Netflix
- Nerdist’s Celebrity Bowling could head to AMC
- Judd Apatow‘s Simpsons script is getting a rewrite
- Watch the full-length trailer for A&E’s Bates Motel
Read More »
Tons and tons of cool TV news in the past few days, after the jump read about the following:
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog is coming to The CW on October 9.
- Producer Greg Berlanti is developing a modern take on Wuthering Heights called Napa.
- Julian Fellowes has an idea for a prequel to Downton Abbey.
- Nick Hornby’s book About A Boy was already a movie and now might become a TV series.
- Watch the full season premieres of Dexter and Homeland online right now.
- Patton Oswalt has joined the fourth season of Justified.
- AMC released the first of 4 webisodes to get your ready for season 3 of The Walking Dead.
- Boardwalk Empire has just been renewed for a fourth season.
- The MTV Movie Awards will now be in April.
- Cinemax’s Strike Back will be back for a third season.
Read More »