Posted on Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
Which actors in Hollywood are the best investment for the movie studios greenlighting new projects? Forbes has published their annual list, and for the second year in a row, Shia LaBeouf ends up at #1. The star has is earning not-so-high paychecks for big budget films such as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the Transformers films, each of which have made a fortune at the box office. According to Forbes, each $1 studios spend Shia for one of their films, returns an average $81 of profit. I wonder if he will retain his title after the release of Wall Street 2 and Transformers 3. Sequels are almost always a good bet. Check out the full list of the top 10 wisest investments in Hollywood, after the jump.
1. Shia LaBeouf (Transformers films, Indiana Jones 4) – $81
2. Anne Hathaway (Alice in Wonderland, Bride Wars) – $64
3. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter films) – $61
4. Robert Downey Jr. (Sherlock Holmes, Iron Man) – $33
5. Cate Blanchett (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Robin Hood) – $27
6. Jennifer Aniston (The Bounty Hunter, He’s Not That Into You) – $21
7. Meryl Streep (Mamma Mia, It’s Complicated) – $21
8. Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland, Public Enemies) – $18
9. Nicolas Cage (Knowing) – $17
10. Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City) – $17
Click over to Forbes.com to read the full story.