Posted on Sunday, November 9th, 2008 by David Chen
The /Filmcast: After Dark is a recording of what happens right after The /Filmcast is over, when the kids have gone to bed and the guys feel free to speak whatever is on their minds. In other words, it’s the leftover and disorganized ramblings, mindfarts, and brain diarrhea from The /Filmcast, all in one convenient audio file. In this episode, Dave, Devindra, and Adam and reveal some of their favorite movie quotes, contemplate their own fanboy/girl-ism, point out Malcolm McDowell’s on-screen sexual deviancy, and discuss the shame of owning Michael Bay DVDs. Our colleague and friend Angie Han joins us to keep us on our toes.
Download or Play Now:
- Your E-mails and Voicemails (781-583-1993)
- What do we think of John Goodman’s work with the Coen brothers?
- Angie and Dave reflect on Slumdog Millionaire
- Dave totally doesn’t get M.I.A.
- Are moviegoers less critical towards films with sad themes, and harsher towards positive and joyful films?
- Reflecting on Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and their massive DVD releases
- Malcolm McDowell’s tendency towards rape and insanity in film
- More on Paul Dano’s dual roles in There Will Be Blood
- More on the Watchmen ending and J.J. Abram’s secretive habits
- Quentin Tarantino’s use of music in film
- More on ambiguous endings and Oldboy’s ending (spoiler free)
- What are we fanboys (and fangirls) of?
- More on great movies that start off slow.
- Our second-most favorite comic book films (excluding The Dark Knight)
- Our favorite movie monologues and quotes
- Is British cinema in a slump?