Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
[UPDATE #1: Ben Stiller has now denied the Gaga rumors via Twitter:
[UPDATE #2: THR confirms Colbert's appearance in either The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug or The Hobbit: There and Back Again.]
Starring in movies isn’t just for movie stars anymore. The latest casting rumors surrounding Zoolander 2 and The Hobbit aren’t about the usual silver screen fixtures, but about pop personalities Lady Gaga and Stephen Colbert, respectively. Neither is a total stranger to films, but Gaga’s a musician first and foremost, and former Strangers With Candy actor Colbert is better known these days for his eponymous late night show. More after the jump.
Read More »
Sequels, always sequels! Check out the comments recently made by the director of the latest Die Hard film, and parse them in a way that might tell us whether the film is going to be worth a damn or not. Then stick around for the other items listed below.
- Director John Moore talks about the tone of A Good Day to Die Hard,
- Step Up Revolution won’t cut a scene that might be seen as distasteful in the wake of Aurora,
- the Waiting to Exhale sequel gets a screenwriter,
- and Ben Still wants to make Zoolander 2, but it isn’t happening yet.
Read More »
Some sequels are happening, others might not, and there’s even one you can potentially be a part of in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following.
- Producer Frank Marshall thinks Jurassic Park IV will be in theaters by 2014.
- A fifth Bourne film would definitely follow Jeremy Renner‘s character.
- Join the cast of The Expendables 2 with a new iPhone app.
- Ben Stiller seems pessimistic about Zoolander 2.
Read More »
We’ve got a lot of small sequel talk this week, for films from Bad Santa 2 to Zoolander 2, Transformers 4 and Prometheus, aka the Alien prequel. None of it is massively substantial, but for the fans of each film there are nuggets of info that are worth a look. Bad Santa fans should definitely hit the jump for some of the most refreshingly honest sequel talk you’re likely to hear. Read More »
Zoolander 2 is one of those movies that both the fans and talent involved all really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously want to get made. A script by Ben Stiller and Justin Theroux has been completed for months and everyone is just waiting on Paramount to put the wheels in motion.
While we patiently wait for that to happen, we’ll simply have to get excited by what we already know. The film will primarily be set in Europe and takes place ten years after Derek Zoolander revealed his Blue Steel look and once again took the modeling world. In Zoolander 2, though, neither he or best friend Hansel (Owen Wilson) are relevant anymore, partially because Hansel has suffered a “disfiguring injury” like Tom Cruise’s in Vanilla Sky.
Yes, that last bit is brand new and you can listen to Wilson talk about it after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Ben Stiller and Paramount have been teasing us with the possibility of a Zoolander sequel for years. The 2001 film has become one of those pop culture standards, with its references and quotes ingrained into many fans, and for the past several years Stiller has been trying to get the sequel together. Every few months, the development inches ahead and in his latest interview, Stiller says he and potential director Justin Theroux have finished a script and have handed it in to Paramount. They’re now just waiting to hear back. Read what he had to say as well as a few more details on what the film could entail after the jump. Read More »