Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Zoolander 2 continues to load up on the funny folks. Portlandia star and SNL alum Fred Armisen has just signed on for the long-gestating comedy sequel, joining Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. Justin Theroux is directing. Watch the Zoolander 2 Fred Armisen announcement after the jump.
Read More »
I’m in Las Vegas for the yearly CinemaCon convention (formerly ShoWest) which is the largest gathering of movie theatre exhibitors. The convention is filled with talks about how to maximize profits and a show floor filled with the newest and best concessions equipment. More notably, most of the major movie studios hold presentations of their upcoming film line-ups for the next year and beyond, and some even show some of their films early to get some excitement from those booking the screens.
This morning we saw a presentation from Paramount Pictures showcasing some of their big upcoming films including Terminator Genisys, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Star Trek 3, Zoolander 2 and more. After the presentation I recorded a spoiler free CinemaCon Paramount reaction video reaction with Steve from Collider, which you can watch that now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
The cast of Zoolander 2 is coming together; we know that Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are back as Derek Zoolander and Hansel, and really, really, ridiculously good-looking person Penelope Cruz has also signed on. Kristen Wiig is playing an outrageously-coiffed character, Will Ferrell has returned, and now Billy Zane is officially in the cast. Stiller’s announcement of that addition is terrific. Watch below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Every image we see from Zoolander 2 seems to get more and more odd. Derek and Hansel (Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson) looked normal in the first reveal, but then they got a little weirder at the Eiffel Tower, followed by the debut of Kristen Wiig’s totally unrecognizable look. Now, Stiller has revealed that Zoolander’s son, who made a brief appearance at the end of the first film, is featured in the sequel. He’s played by actor Cyrus Arnold and, well, let’s just say I think we know where the jokes are going from here. See the Derek Zoolander son photo below. Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Today at Valentino’s show in Paris for Paris Fashion Week, a Zoolander reunion took place when Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson walked the runway in character as their Zoolander alter-egos Derek Zoolander and Hansel. That instantly led to questions about whether or not this was the first part of an official Zoolander 2 announcement, and in fact it was. Paramount has announced the movie for a 2016 release; you can get that date and see some Instagram evidence of the runway presence below.
Update: Watch the full runway appearance below. Read More »