We’ve had a few false alarms regarding Zoolander 2, but for whatever it’s worth it sounds like things really are heating up again. Will Ferrell recently offered a status report on the long-awaited comedy sequel, revealing in the process that his villainous fashion designer character Mugatu is definitely involved. Hit the jump for more on Zoolander 2.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, August 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, people talk about movies they’re doing, movies they wish they were doing, and movies they’re probably never doing. After the jump:
- Helen Mirren would “love” to do Fast and the Furious
- Daniel Radcliffe wants a cameo in Sharknado 3
- Evil Dead 2 is dead, according to star Jane Levy
- Justin Theroux thinks Ben Stiller may helm Zoolander 2
- Simon Pegg talks up Star Trek 3 director Roberto Orci
- Rumor has it Lea Seydoux could be the next Bond girl
- … and Sam Smith may be the next Bond theme singer
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Celebrity Cameo Rumors: Lady Gaga Courted for ‘Zoolander 2′, Stephen Colbert to Appear in ‘The Hobbit’ [UPDATED]
Posted on Thursday, October 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
[UPDATE #1: Ben Stiller has now denied the Gaga rumors via Twitter:
Zoolander LadyGaga story is not true. Weird that OK magazine would print something untrue. Weird to read a made up story on the internet.
— Ben Stiller (@RedHourBen) October 19, 2012
[UPDATE #2: THR confirms Colbert's appearance in either The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug or The Hobbit: There and Back Again.]
Starring in movies isn’t just for movie stars anymore. The latest casting rumors surrounding Zoolander 2 and The Hobbit aren’t about the usual silver screen fixtures, but about pop personalities Lady Gaga and Stephen Colbert, respectively. Neither is a total stranger to films, but Gaga’s a musician first and foremost, and former Strangers With Candy actor Colbert is better known these days for his eponymous late night show. More after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, July 26th, 2012 by Russ Fischer
Sequels, always sequels! Check out the comments recently made by the director of the latest Die Hard film, and parse them in a way that might tell us whether the film is going to be worth a damn or not. Then stick around for the other items listed below.
- Director John Moore talks about the tone of A Good Day to Die Hard,
- Step Up Revolution won’t cut a scene that might be seen as distasteful in the wake of Aurora,
- the Waiting to Exhale sequel gets a screenwriter,
- and Ben Still wants to make Zoolander 2, but it isn’t happening yet.
Posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Some sequels are happening, others might not, and there’s even one you can potentially be a part of in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following.
- Producer Frank Marshall thinks Jurassic Park IV will be in theaters by 2014.
- A fifth Bourne film would definitely follow Jeremy Renner‘s character.
- Join the cast of The Expendables 2 with a new iPhone app.
- Ben Stiller seems pessimistic about Zoolander 2.
Sequel Bits: Billy Bob Thornton on ‘Bad Santa 2;’ Plot Details For ‘Zoolander 2;’ Plus Talk of ‘Transformers 4′ and ‘Prometheus’
Posted on Thursday, October 27th, 2011 by Russ Fischer
We’ve got a lot of small sequel talk this week, for films from Bad Santa 2 to Zoolander 2, Transformers 4 and Prometheus, aka the Alien prequel. None of it is massively substantial, but for the fans of each film there are nuggets of info that are worth a look. Bad Santa fans should definitely hit the jump for some of the most refreshingly honest sequel talk you’re likely to hear. Read More »