Posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
Following her latest out-of-this-world role in Guardians of the Galaxy, Zoe Saldana is allowed to get a little more grounded in the new Book of Life trailer. But just a little.
The Guillermo del Toro-produced epic starts out in our world, but then spills over into the land of the dead and the land of the forgotten. At the center of the tale is Manolo (Diego Luna), a young man who harbors dreams of becoming a musician.
Saldana plays Maria, the object of Manolo’s affections, and Channing Tatum rounds out the lead cast as Joaquin, Manolo’s friend and rival. Ice Cube and Christina Applegate also star. Watch the new Book of Life trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Keep the lights on, because today’s edition of Sequel Bits is unusually horror-heavy. After the jump:
- Karl Urban wants to do Star Trek for 25 more years
- Avatar 2 is probably going to shoot in early 2015
- Transformers 4 is now the 18th biggest film ever
- Mark Duplass wants to make Creep 2 and 3 right away
- Tremors 5 finally has a director and a star
- Hey, Chicagoans: Sinister 2 is looking for extras
- ABCs of Death 2 is arriving just in time for Halloween
- Leprechaun: Origins is coming to theaters after all
- … and so is Sharknado 2: The Second One!
- Jarhead 2: Field of Fire not only exists, it has a trailer
Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
Ever wondered how one might bottle the sweet scent of a Sharknado? Tara Reid has the answer with her new fragrance, Shark By Tara. Really. Also after the jump:
- Simon Pegg reveals where and when M:I 5 will shoot
- Zoe Saldana talks a tiny bit about the Avatar sequels
- Also, Zoe Saldana hopes Spock and Uhura don’t break up
- The new Texas Chainsaw will follow Leatherface’s teen years
- Paranormal Activity 5 may be coming in 2015, not 2016
- Lorde will curate the Hunger Games: Mockingjay soundtrack
- Iggy Azalea will have a cameo in Fast & Furious 7
- William Shatner might make an appearance in Ted 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because Comic-Con is happening doesn’t mean the world of sequels have stopped turning. After the jump:
- Zoe Saldana pleads ignorance about Trek 3 and Avatar 2
- Roberto Orci teases some new discoveries in Star Trek 3
- Zachary Quinto wants to direct, but not a Star Trek movie
- CBS Films plots another trip to Last Vegas… in Brooklyn
- Universal saves the date for The Best Man Wedding
- Focus Features sets a release date for Sinister 2
- Flip through some colorful new posters for Expendables 3
- A Pitch Perfect 2 set photo hints at a Bellas slumber party
Read More »
In September 2013, I visited the London-based set of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy. (You can find out more about what we learned and watch a video blog reaction here.) While on set, we are able to talk with many of the key cast and crew and will be posting transcripts from those roundtable interviews all this week. You can read our on-set Zoe Saldana interview now after the jump.
Read More »
In September 2013, I traveled to London to visit the set of Marvel Studios’ upcoming comic book adaptation Guardians of the Galaxy. On set, I was transported to new worlds with many different alien races, boarded a 3-mile long spacecraft, and talked with the cast and crew who were creating the magic you will see on screen this August.
I learned a ton of interesting bits about the making of the film, too many to count. (For example, it took a team of five make-up artists three and a half hours to apply Dave Batista’s body make-up each day, so in the 49 days of the shoot Batista spent over seven complete days worth of minutes in the makeup chair.)
After the jump you can read many other facts about the production of the film from development to casting, to special effects. I also recorded a video blog after the visit to give you a more opinionated reaction to what we had seen. And be on the lookout for interview transcripts with a bunch of the key cast and crew which will be posted on the site all this week. For now, read my full Guardians of the Galaxy set visit report after the jump.
Read More »
Guardians of the Galaxy opens in just six weeks, so this is the point where Marvel really has to start the full-court press. The first two trailers, a couple of TV commercials, and those character videos have all started to introduce the strange team of characters. Now a new Guardians of the Galaxy international trailer gives some more detail to that crew: a thief, two thugs, a murderer, and a maniac, as Glenn Close says in this new footage.
(Chris Pratt‘s character ran down the same roster, with one slight difference, in the last trailer. I’ll let you figure out the alteration here.)
This trailer also contains some new Rocket footage, and a good bit of input from Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel). Read More »
Not only has Marvel just released the second official Guardians of the Galaxy character poster, we’re gonna show you the second part of the Poster Posse fan art submissions for the film as well. You may remember the first part, which featured a gorgeous ode to Star Wars and has been featured prominently by Guardians director James Gunn. Below, see some more new Guardians of the Galaxy fan posters as well as the official look at Zoe Saldana as Gamora, which follows the Rocket and Groot image from Monday. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In theaters this Halloween will be a different sort of ghost story. The Book of Life is a film based on the images and stories about the Day of the Dead, and features a man, recently deceased, who hopes to journey back to the land of the living to be with the woman he loves. The real attraction in the film, which is directed by Jorge Gutierrez and produced by Guillermo del Toro, is the visual design. The lands beyond the living, as seen here, are just stunning to see; the colors and level of detail are almost overwhelming. Watch the Book of Life trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 by Angie Han
Guardians of the Galaxy doesn’t really look like anything that’s come before it in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That’s a good thing for those of us eager to see Marvel branch out, but a potential WTF for those who take comfort in Marvel’s reliability and consistency.
So a new Guardians of the Galaxy featurette tries to encourage those in the latter camp to join the former. Producer Kevin Feige and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper promise the film will “blow you away with how unique it is,” while still reassuring viewers that it’s part of the same old MCU. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »