Are you a massive Willow fan? Then today’s your lucky day, because director Ron Howard didn’t totally brush off the idea of doing a sequel to the film. It’s been almost 30 years since the fantasy picture, starring Warwick Davis (Life’s Too Short) and Val Kilmer (Top Secret!), was released, but it’s a world Howard wouldn’t mind returning to.
Read the In the Heart of the Sea‘s director’s comments after the jump.
Read More »
When you think Lucasfilm, you probably think of two things: Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Both creations of filmmaker George Lucas, those two franchises put Lucasfilm on the map and made the company what is today: an entity that cost Disney $4 billion. But Lucasfilm isn’t only Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Proof of that hit theaters this past weekend as they released Strange Magic, an animated fairy tale Lucas himself conceived and produced.
That got us thinking, what else has Lucasfilm done? What are they without their two big superstars? The answer is “a lot” and “something pretty special.” Below, read our ranking of the 10 best Lucasfilm movies, minus Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Last week we featured the Cotton Factory’s awesome “Jaws in Space” t-shirt. This week we want to feature another faux movie sequel, Willow 2 – Lost in New York. It sounds like the type of movie that could have easily been made in the 1980’s. Alas, George Lucas had other ideas and went on to produce The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles instead. What a missed oppurtunity. Printed on an Olive t-shirt sized small to XXL for $15.99.
Cool Stuff is a daily feature of slashfilm.com. Know of any geekarific creations or cool products which should be featured on Cool Stuff? E-Mail us at email@example.com.