Posted on Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Not to be outdone by Netflix, Amazon is also jumping into the original features game. Their first foray into that realm will be Chi-Raq, Spike Lee‘s contemporary retelling of the classical Greek play Lysistrata.
The company’s latest statement on the project reveals some new details, including a full cast list that includes Teyonah Parris, Angela Bassett, John Cusack, and Samuel L. Jackson. Get all the details on the Amazon Chi-Raq project after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Even though Wesley Snipes was out of commission for a while due to certain legal entanglements, the actor is back to work, and he’s got a new TV show called The Player coming to NBC this year. (Watch the trailer here.) Since he’s promoting the new series at Comic-Con, conversation inevitably turned to his work in the Blade franchise.
According to Snipes, there have been talks about Blade 4, but right now he says, “Marvel and I have decided to have further conversations.” That sounds like Marvel may not exactly be interested in messing with Blade since they’re too busy with the rest of the Marvel cinematic universe. Find out more about Blade 4 after the jump! Read More »
As most of your favorite TV shows are winding down before summer arrives, the networks are busy presenting their upfronts to show off the new programming that will be hitting screens beginning this fall and heading into early 2016. We’ve already seen a teaser trailer for Heroes Reborn and some new images popped up earlier today, but now NBC has trailers for some of their other new shows that star the likes of Wesley Snipes (Blade) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor: The Dark World). There’s a mix of new comedies and dramas that the network hopes audiences will tune into, so let’s see what they have to offer.
Watch NBC’s new 2015 TV series trailers after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Thought the piss-poor box office figures for this past summer would discourage studios from making more sequels? Think again. After the jump:
- Relativity will release The Woman in Black 2
- Could Koba be back for the next Apes movie?
- Wesley Snipes might return for another Blade film
- Will Forte still really wants a MacGruber sequel
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 may set sail for Australia
- Mission: Impossible 5 jets off to Morocco
- Is there any chance of more Deadwood?
- 24 may get that long-promised big screen sequel yet
- More Flowers in the Attic TV movies are coming
- Rumor has it the 50 Shades sequel will star a Kardashian
- The next Maze Runner is already in pre-production
- See a (SFW) pic from the set of Magic Mike XXL
- Lorde maybe teases her Hunger Games contribution
Read More »
I’m just going to assume that you didn’t download the leak of The Expendables 3, and that if you’re waiting to see the film you can hang on for two more weeks. Here’s one final Expendables 3 trailer to make the wait easier, and this clip has plenty of action from Patrick Hughes’ sequel. Sylvester Stallone returns as the leader of a paramilitary gang, and this time the crew stares down a one-time comrade turned arms dealer played by Mel Gibson. It’s all action, and the roster of stars old and new is so huge that the returning cast members barely fit in the trailer. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
You want more of the kaiju world? You got it. Guillermo del Toro promises we’ll see more of that in Pacific Rim 2, though not necessarily in the way you think. Also after the jump:
- Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist is getting a sequel
- Ted 2 has started shooting; see some set photos
- Sherri Shepherd climbs aboard Ride Along 2
- Zachary Quinto says Roberto Orci will direct Star Trek 3
- Chris Pratt is so pumped for you to see Jurassic World
- Wesley Snipes wants to hunt Twilight vamps in Blade IV
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits covers everything from the family-friendly sweetness of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the gritty, grown-up delights of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After the jump:
- CBS isn’t interested in How I Met Your Dad
- Wesley Snipes is game for White Men Can’t Jump 2
- Kristen Bell would absolutely do another Frozen
- Octavia Spencer gets on board for Insurgent
- Bond 24 will feature a Scandinavian Bond girl
- Grimlock gets a Transformers: Age of Extinction banner
- Get a taste of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in GIF form
- Watch another cute clip from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Read More »
A second Expendables 3 trailer has just been released. It asks that you “hang on for one last ride.” However, with a cast like this (Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kellen Lutz, Ronda Roussey, Harrison Ford, Kelsey Grammer, Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas and Mel Gibson to name a few), it’s hard to imagine The Expendables won’t be back again (and again). Especially since this latest trailer looks bigger than the last two films in every single way. It features the first actual footage we’ve seen from the August 15 release, including tons of action, attitude, humor and a roll call of the entire roster. Check out the latest Expendables 3 trailer below. Read More »
The badasses of action are back in not one, not two, but sixteen character posters for this summer’s The Expendables 3. Everyone’s here, including the returning cast (Sylvester Stallone, Terry Crews, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Randy Couture), the new young team (Kellen Lutz, Ronda Roussey, Victor Ortiz, Glen Powell) and some new iconic additions (Harrison Ford, Kelsey Grammer, Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson). Directed by Patrick Hughes, the star-studded action film opens August 15. Check out sixteen Expendables 3 posters below. Read More »