One of the highlights at Comic Con this year was a behind the scenes reel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When this was released over the weekend, I tried to pull together a piece dissecting the reel image by image, but the madness that is Comic Con prevented me from finishing it until now.
What follows is a breakdown of 13 things we learned from this footage, this includes confirmation of new and old characters, our first look at some of the cast, some story and character details put together from the new images matched with previous rumors, and some questions. Hit the jump to read our list.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Every single piece of media released about Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been carefully selected. Each video, photo, quote, everything has been checked, double checked and perfectly timed to reveal to fans just enough information that Lucasfilm feels appropriate. And, so far, nothing has been particularly spoilery.
That either just changed, or there’s some deliberate shenanigans going on. I’m thinking the latter. But either way, confirmed Force Awakens star Warwick Davis appeared on the BBC’s The One Show and showed two selfies he supposedly took from the set. One with Chewbacca, and another with a character that, well, might be a big spoiler. See the Warwick Davis Force Awakens photos below.
UPDATE: Davis responded to the photos on Twitter, saying they were not actually from the set. But there’s still an interesting discussion to be had. Read More »
This is final Star Wars Bits published in a year where a Star Wars movie isn’t being released. It’s kind of a big deal. Below, read about the following:
- Warwick Davis is looking forward to the new poster.
- The Jedi Academy is coming to Disneyland Paris.
- George Lucas wants to destroy every copy of the Star Wars Christmas Special.
- Plus, a Red Letter Media look back at the special.
- Maker Studios will reportedly be making new online Star Wars content.
- Watch a new clip from the latest Star Wars Rebels.
- Find out how you can build a realistic model of the Millennium Falcon.
- Read rumored descriptions of the ice planet and starships from The Force Awakens.
Read More »
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
Begun, the TV discussions have. At the TCAs this weekend, ABC executives revealed they’ve started to talk to Lucasfilm about possible ways to bring the Star Wars brand to TV. Below, read about that as well as a few other Star Wars Bits:
- A metal band filmed their music video on Star Wars sets in Tunisia.
- Check out new art from The Star Wars comic book series.
- Star Wars: Battlefront won’t be released until Summer 2015.
- Star Trek star Karl Urban wouldn’t want to be in Star Wars.
- Watch Warwick Davis talk to Anthony Daniels and others at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »