Posted on Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- The director of The Blair Witch Project praises Blair Witch.
- John Boyega teases Pacific Rim 2.
- Stephen Lang promises that the Avatar sequels are still coming.
- Duncan Jones would still be down for a Warcraft 2.
- Zombieland 2 is being written. Again.
- Mary Poppins Returns star Emily Blunt has earned an important seal of approval.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back reveals a new poster.
- Michael Bay shows off a big stunt on Transformers: The Last Knight.
- Super Troopers 2 will wrap filming in September.
Read More »
Before Warcraft even hit theaters in the United States, box office analysts were already predicting that the video game adaptation from Moon and Source Code director Duncan Jones wasn’t going to make much money domestically. However, Warcraft was already pulling in some serious bank overseas, and just a few weeks after hitting theaters around the world, it was already the most successful video game film of all time. And you know what that means.
In a post on the Chinese microblogging website Weibo, the official social media account of the Warcraft movie came out and said that this first film is just the beginning, meaning that a Warcraft sequel is in the works. Read More »
Duncan Jones is at Comic Con to promote Warcraft, and he’s got a few other things to say while talking about his upcoming third movie. Warcraft is very nearly done, with fewer than a dozen effects shots left to complete. And since the movie doesn’t release until June 2016, that leaves him with a lot of time until he has to hit the promo circuit. He’ll eventually get to work on a Warcraft sequel, and in fact he and Legendary have story ideas for two more movies.
What Jones seems most keen on doing, however, is filling the eleven months between now and the release of Warcraft by making another movie. Specifically, he hopes to finally shoot Mute, the future-set film he wrote several years ago and has called “a dark, dirty thriller.” Read More »