Vin Diesel recently revealed that the seventh film in the Fast and Furious franchise would start filming this Summer in Los Angeles. That’s true, but it turns out the director of the past four films won’t be returning.
The Hollywood Reporter says Justin Lin will not return for Fast and Furious 7, which Universal wants in theaters Summer 2014. He’s currently finishing Fast and Furious 6, out May 24, and doesn’t feel like an accelerated time table would result in his best work. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Universal has turned the Fast & Furious franchise into a juggernaut that fans love — I’d wager that I see more anticipation expressed for Fast & Furious 6 on a daily basis than I do for any other summer tentpole slated for release this year. By crafting a series of tightly interconnected stories, the studio (and screenwriter Chris Morgan and director Justin Lin) have pinpointed exactly what audiences want: big action with entertaining actors, and a story throughline to match long-form television.
Seems so simple, but only Marvel is building the same sort of structure, and capturing fans the same way.
Fast & Furious 6 arrives on May 24, and in a note about an early screening of the film Vin Diesel says that the reaction to 6 is good enough that shooting on Fast & Furious 7 is already set for this summer. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
It took Vin Diesel and David Twohy years to get their third Chronicles of Riddick movie off the ground, but their perseverance has paid off. As of today, we’re just months away from the release of Riddick, which sees the titular hero stranded on an apparently abandoned planet with bounty hunters clamoring for his head. The first trailer has just hit the web, and you can check it out after the jump.
Read More »
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
Fast cars, big muscles and scantily clothed women might be distinguishing aspects of the Fast and Furious movies, but they’re not what makes them good. What makes (some of) the five previous films good are the human relationships. At its heart, the Fast and Furious films are about family and in the first featurette for Fast and Furious 6, that’s prominently on display.
In the following video, co-stars Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez discuss the relationship between their characters, the reveal that Rodriguez’s character, Leddy, would be returning, and how that messes with Dom’s state of mind. It’s a very different look at the May 24th release from Justin Lin. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Hangover Part III may feature a whole new plotline, but based on these new stills the wolf pack still looks exactly the same. Also after the jump:
- Dwayne Johnson is pumped for Fast & Furious 6
- The latest Star Trek comic drops still more hints
- The Allspark might resurface in Transformers 4
- Stephenie Meyer wants The Host to be a trilogy
- Producer says there have been no Mama 2 talks
- The Best Man sequel has a real title now
- The first Cloudy 2 trailer will debut this week
- Riddick takes the throne in a new photo
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ah, yes, the Fast and the Furious franchise: Where a man can fly from one fancy speeding car to another in the middle of the highway while a tank wreaks havoc in the background. See that photo and more after the jump. Also:
- Jocelin Donahue is young Barbara Hershey in Insidious 2
- Helen Mirren teases some of her big action scenes for Red 2
- Yes, Rafe Spall will appear in Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Trek character is a very modern terrorist
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks Transformers 4
- A Good Day to Die Hard unveils a Valentine’s Day-themed spot
- The gang’s all here in a fresh batch of stills from Fast & Furious 6
- See some colorful high-res images from The Muppets… Again
Read More »
Super Bowl Sunday was a great day if you were a Baltimore Ravens fan, but it was pretty damn good day for Fast and Furious fans too. Universal dropped their first look at the upcoming Fast and Furious 6, the latest film in the action franchise about crime, fast cars, and huge set pieces. It blew away the competition. Today we get more.
Justin Lin returns for his fourth go-round in as director, and seems to have crafted an even faster and furious (er…) film this time around. Fresh off their massive heist in Brazil, Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) are back. This time, though, the special agent hired to bring them down (Dwayne Johnson) has a favor to ask. He needs to team up with Dom and Brian to bring down an even worse bad guy, played by Luke Evans. Throw in the return of Michelle Rodriguez‘s thought-to-be-dead character and May 24 can’t get here fast enough.
While the Super Bowl spot was great, below we have an “extended first look” at the film which combines the mind-blowing action from the Super Bowl with more story and explosions. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: