I liked the original V/H/S because it was a small, weird collection of shorts. The sequel, V/H/S/2, is bigger and much more bold than the first, with bigger scope and some ideas that are far more weird. It doesn’t have quite the same sense of intimate disquiet, but it has some much more monstrous action. The chapter co-directed by The Raid director Gareth Evans is worth the price of admission alone.
We saw a red-band trailer not long ago, and now there’s an all-ages look at the film. This one is good for those who don’t want to see too much of the film’s gore before sitting down to the actual movie. The beats in this trailer are pretty similar, but because it can’t go all-out with the nasty stuff, there’s a restraint with respect to spoilers. If you just want to get a basic idea about the film, this one is the way to go. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Anthologies of any kind run the risk of unevenness, just because they’re composed of so many disparate parts. But the red-band trailer for V/H/S/2, at least, looks consistently terrifying. It’s two minutes of great, gory scares, with tons of blood and a smattering of nudity — which means, yes, that it’s very much NSFW. Watch at your own risk, and get an eyeful of some new pics, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits veers from deeply romantic to adorably funny to bone-chillingly creepy. After the jump:
- Star Trek and Kick-Ass 2 get rated by the MPAA
- Todd Phillips is pretty sure Hangover II is brilliant
- The producers of Paranormal 4 are getting sued
- Chris Pine chats about Kirk’s self doubt in Star Trek
- See more Celine and Jesse pics from Before Midnight
- See posters for Monsters University and V/H/S/2
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who exactly is G.I. Joe: Retaliation‘s Cobra Commander? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Expect the cast to return for Oz The Great and Powerful 2
- Josh Duhamel will make a cameo in Transformers 4
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Don’t hold your breath for a Simpsons Movie sequel
- A Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance stuntman is suing Sony
- V/H/S 2 gets a release date and some new images
- See images and video from the Star Trek scoring studio
- Just what is in that new Star Trek Into Darkness teaser?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Austin’s biggest media festival, SXSW, is coming up in about five weeks, and the film portion of the fest has unveiled a list of films that will play in the midnight and shorts categories. Running March 8-16, the film portion of SXSW has been growing into one of the country’s premiere film festivals.
The biggest inclusions on the midnight side are Rob Zombie‘s The Lords of Salem (new trailer), Adam Wingard‘s You’re Next (interview), and the very entertaining S-VHS (Sundance review). That horror sequel, incidentally, has evidently been renamed V/H/S/2, just to make the connection to last year’s horror anthology V/H/S much more clear.
There’s also the premiere of Xan Cassavetes‘ Kiss of the Damned, and Haunter, the new film from Vincenzo Natali (Splice). The image above is from Cheap Thrills, and shows how ”Craig (Pat Healy) and Vince (Ethan Embry) begin their descent into hell with Colin (David Koechner).”
Info on the full midnight lineup is after the break. Hit the SXSW website for the complete shorts list. Read More »