In today’s edition of Theme Park Bits:
- Universal Studios Hollywood announces a new Walking Dead attraction coming this summer. See concept art and a teaser trailer.
- Pixar’s Inside Out is coming to Walt Disney World resort’s EPCOT.
- And see some new photos from inside Shanghai Disneyland, which opens in just a few months.
Grab your FastPass and enter this e-ticket ride.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I’m a Disneyland-fanatic but I’m not one of those hardcores that hates on Universal Studios at every turn. I actually like Universal, and specifically their Studio Tour in Hollywood (although it needs some updates), their 4D Transformers ride and the incredibly detailed immersive experience they have created with Harry Potter. Last month Disney fanatics were sent into a tizzy when the Mouse House announced that they were raising the prices of Annual Passes, including the top pass with no black out days being raised 35% to $1049.
And we expected Universal Studios to raise their prices, especially considering The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be making its way to the west coast in Spring 2016. But I don’t think anyone would have expected them to announce three new annual passes, none of which allow full 365 day access to the parks and free parking privileges. Weekends during the Summer are blocked out even on the most expensive passes. Find out the details on the 2016 Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Passes, after the jump.
Read More »
With Jurassic World currently in theaters, people just can’t stop talking about Jurassic Park. And since we here at /Film love both the Steven Spielberg-directed action adventure and theme parks, we couldn’t help but call attention to a new world record set on the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.
Jake & Dave are two dudes who just decided that they wanted to set the world record for most rides in a single day (or as long as the park is open) on Jurassic Park River Adventure, and they chronicled their fun on the splashtastic ride for our enjoyment. Watch the Jurassic Park ride world record below! Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Harry Potter will be Apparating to Hollywood. Universal Studios Hollywood has officially announced that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be coming to the park in Spring 2016, after opening previously at both Universal Orlando resorts and Universal Studios Japan. Get all the details on the Wizarding World Hollywood debut after the jump. Read More »
Universal Studios Hollywood is getting a major expansion culminating in the 2016 opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The movie-themed park announced this week not only the date for Potter land, but a significant expansion to The Simpsons area, a new Fast & Furious Supercharged ride on the studio tour, and more. Read the full press release for the Universal Studios Hollywood expansion and see tons of brand new concept art below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The battle between Disney and Universal is at the forefront of this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming to Disneyland.
- A new hint has surfaced at the closing of Captain EO.
- Last week marked the 27th anniversary of Star Tours.
- The CEO of Comcast, which owns Universal, says they’re really pushing theme parks.
- Photos from the Diagon Alley expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as well as multiple upgrades at Universal Hollywood.
- A new hotel is opening at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Maleficent gets a new float in a Walt Disney World parade.
Read More »
One of Disney’s biggest hits in recent memory might be getting a ride sooner than later. Read about that and everything below in this edition of Theme Park Bits.
- Disney might open a Frozen attraction at Norway in Epcot Center.
- The Despicable Me attraction in Hollywood gets a release date.
- Disneyland Paris competitor Futuroscope just got a fresh investment.
- California Adventure has a Three Kings Day Celebration.
- See the difference between Jurassic Park T-Rexes in Florida and California.
- The Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Tokyo gets an upgrade.
- Listen to audio of an old-school Disney Imagineer dishing secrets.
Read More »
Super packed edition of Theme Park Bits featuring lots of closings. Below, read about the following:
- The Back to the Future themed restaurant Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Hollywood is closing in January.
- The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland is closing for refurbishment.
- Universal Studios Japan gets $250 million investment to build a Harry Potter park.
- A Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Shanghai Disneyland might use new technology.
- Check out an image of where Harry Potter land will be in California.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World visitors can enjoy some Mary Poppins exclusives starting this week.
- See photo and video from the new Raving Rabbids, The Time Machine ride at Futuroscope in France.
- Rumor has it there might be a Warcraft presence at Universal Orlando in the future.
- Listen to some of the original sounds and music from the Haunted Mansion.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Given Po’s Asian roots, it seems appropriate that his next stop will be Universal Studios Singapore. Themeparx (via Disney and More) has heard from multiple sources that the “new family attraction” promised at the park will be a Kung Fu Panda ride. It will be situated between the Shrek-based Far Far Away land and the the Waterworld live show, near the Jurassic Park Lost World area.
Currently, there are multiple plans in motion for Kung Fu Panda-inspired attractions at parks around the world, including ones in New Jersey, Russia, and China. Additionally, Dreamworld in Australia has a themed area called Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness. There’s no word yet on when the Singapore ride will open.
After the jump, get the details on the Chucky and The Purge scare zones coming to Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights.
Read More »