M Night Shyamalan has announced that Universal Pictures will release his next film, an Unbreakable sequel titled Glass, on January 18, 2019. Hit the jump for more info including returning cast/characters.
Read More »
Though January is usually a dumping ground for movies that either aren’t good enough to be Oscar contenders or have no business coming out during spring and summer, director M. Night Shyamalan delivered quite a surprise to those who had given up on the man who brought us The Happening, The Last Airbender and After Earth.
Split returned M. Night Shyamalan to his roots in more ways than one with a thriller that was not only suspenseful and interesting, but it had one hell of a twist that absolutely no one saw coming. We won’t spoil what that is until after the jump though. You’ve been warned.
Watch the Split Honest Trailer below. Read More »
The more M. Night Shyamalan talks continuing David Dunn’s (Bruce Willis) story, the happier we get. Just yesterday it was reported the writer-director completed his 11-page outline for his follow-up to Unbreakable. He’ll typically spend months and months on an outline, but now that his one for Unbreakable 2 is finished, he can begin writing his next movie.
Shyamalan isn’t revealing too many details about the film, but he recently teased an idea for the sequel and how he wants it to stand on its own. Below, the director discusses the Unbreakable sequel. (Spoilers for Split ahead.)
Read More »
UPDATE: Shyamalan has confirmed his plans to make a trilogy and we’ve added the new details below.
Now that some of you’ve seen Split this past weekend, we can now talk more openly about its third act and, more specifically, its fantastic ending. Are those last few minutes more than a wink and a nod? Will we see a payoff to Split‘s ending? If writer-director M. Night Shyamalan has his druthers, possibly.
Below, learn more about a possible M. Night Shyamalan trilogy (Split SPOILERS follow).
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Want to see a Fox Marvel family portrait? What does Tilda Swinton have to say about Doctor Strange? Does Paul Rudd have stories to share from the Ant-Man shoot? How are things looking for Iron Man on the Captain America: Civil War set? Does Doom (a.k.a. Toby Kebbell) want to battle the Avengers? Why are Punisher and Spider-Man hanging out? Did Agent Carter just win the Dubsmash war? Would M. Night Shyamalan make an Unbreakable sequel? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
What does Rob Liefeld think of the Deadpool movie? How is Ant-Man going to do in theaters? Does Samuel L. Jackson want an Unbreakable sequel? What’s going on with Netflix’s Iron Fist series? Is Jon Bernthal continuing his Punisher studies? Does Ben Affleck have Daredevil regrets? How would Josh Trank describe Fantastic Four? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
If M. Night Shyamalan can’t do it, maybe Patton Oswalt can. The pop-culture junkie and stand up comedian has effectively pitched one crazy, out-there movie in the form of the ultimate Disney mash-up. Today he’s pitching something a bit more manageable: an Unbreakable sequel. Oswalt appeared on Screen Junkies to talk about his dream to see M. Night Shyamalan’s Unbreakable 2 and, as expected, it’s pretty great. Check out the Patton Oswalt Unbreakable 2 video below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, January 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
M. Night Shyamalan has been discussing the possibility of an Unbreakable 2 on and off for the past 15 years, and he still hasn’t given up hope.
In a new interview, he explains why a sequel would be “cool,” and points out how drastically the superhero movie landscape has changed since the first Unbreakable came out in 2000. Read the Shyamalan Unbreakable 2 comments after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christoph Waltz might appear in The Muppets 2 after all
- Has Transformers 4 replaced Brenton Thwaites with Jack Reynor?
- Berandal (a.k.a. The Raid 2) announces new cast members
- Walton Goggins promises to be funny in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Paul Rudd doesn’t know much about Anchorman 2 but hopes it’ll be good
- Samuel L. Jackson has things to say about Unbreakable
- Paramount and the Puzo estate settle the Godfather suit
- A Good Day to Die Hard debuts two explosive TV spots
- Trick ‘R Treat‘s Sam has a holiday greeting for you
Read More »