Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Want to see a Fox Marvel family portrait? What does Tilda Swinton have to say about Doctor Strange? Does Paul Rudd have stories to share from the Ant-Man shoot? How are things looking for Iron Man on the Captain America: Civil War set? Does Doom (a.k.a. Toby Kebbell) want to battle the Avengers? Why are Punisher and Spider-Man hanging out? Did Agent Carter just win the Dubsmash war? Would M. Night Shyamalan make an Unbreakable sequel? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
What does Rob Liefeld think of the Deadpool movie? How is Ant-Man going to do in theaters? Does Samuel L. Jackson want an Unbreakable sequel? What’s going on with Netflix’s Iron Fist series? Is Jon Bernthal continuing his Punisher studies? Does Ben Affleck have Daredevil regrets? How would Josh Trank describe Fantastic Four? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
If M. Night Shyamalan can’t do it, maybe Patton Oswalt can. The pop-culture junkie and stand up comedian has effectively pitched one crazy, out-there movie in the form of the ultimate Disney mash-up. Today he’s pitching something a bit more manageable: an Unbreakable sequel. Oswalt appeared on Screen Junkies to talk about his dream to see M. Night Shyamalan’s Unbreakable 2 and, as expected, it’s pretty great. Check out the Patton Oswalt Unbreakable 2 video below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
M. Night Shyamalan has been discussing the possibility of an Unbreakable 2 on and off for the past 15 years, and he still hasn’t given up hope.
In a new interview, he explains why a sequel would be “cool,” and points out how drastically the superhero movie landscape has changed since the first Unbreakable came out in 2000. Read the Shyamalan Unbreakable 2 comments after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christoph Waltz might appear in The Muppets 2 after all
- Has Transformers 4 replaced Brenton Thwaites with Jack Reynor?
- Berandal (a.k.a. The Raid 2) announces new cast members
- Walton Goggins promises to be funny in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Paul Rudd doesn’t know much about Anchorman 2 but hopes it’ll be good
- Samuel L. Jackson has things to say about Unbreakable
- Paramount and the Puzo estate settle the Godfather suit
- A Good Day to Die Hard debuts two explosive TV spots
- Trick ‘R Treat‘s Sam has a holiday greeting for you
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 by David Chen
This week, David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Adam Quigley discuss whether or not 3D really is the future, praise the quiet certitude of The American, reflect on the sprawling nature of the Red Riding trilogy, and try to figure out why people in theaters are boo-ing at the mention of M. Night Shyamalan. Special guest Matt Singer joins us from IFC News.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. We’ll be back on Sunday (9/19) at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page to review The Town.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
Read More »
Earlier this week, it was reported that M. Night Shyamalan is shopping his next screenplay around Hollywood, trying to find someone to produce his next directorial effort. At the time we knew very little about the project, as that’s the way Shyamalan likes it. Apparently only a few studio execs have read the script, and in every case, Shyamalan’s assistant was in the room to supervise.We dont even have a title, only that the cast will include The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable star Bruce Willis, Gwyneth Paltrow and Bradley Cooper.
We now have a few new details about the project… Well, actually… Russ slipped this update in with the report about the M Night-produced Twelve Strangers, but I thought the bit was big enough for its own story (as some of you might have glossed over the previous story). So if you missed it, hit the jump for more info on Night’s new project.
Read More »
Quentin Tarantino has recorded a list of his top 20 favorite films which have been released over the last 17 years. What’s so special about the last 17 years, or the year 1992? That was the year Tarantino became a filmmaker.
Films on Tarantino’s list include Battle Royale, Anything Else, Audition, Blade, Boogie Nights, Dazed & Confused, Dogville, Fight Club, Fridays, The Host, The Insider, Joint Security Area, Lost In Translation, The Matrix, Memories of Murder, Police Story 3, Shaun of the Dead, Speed, Team America, and Unbreakable. It think it’s interesting that Tarantino mentions that The Matrix sequels ruined the mythology, enough to push the first film off the top of his list. Watch the full list after the jump, complete with commentary from Tarantino himself .
Read More »