We’ve seen a handful of sci-fi movies take the found footage approach: Cloverfield, Europa Report, Apollo 18, the list goes on. I thought we might have reached “peak found footage” a few years ago, but a new trailer for a film called Phoenix Forgotten indicates that the trend hasn’t completely vanished.
What has disappeared, however, are the characters at the center of this film, which is based on the true story of the “Phoenix Lights,” one of the most widely-reported UFO sighting in American history. Watch the new Phoenix Forgotten trailer below. Read More »
Here’s a massive post-weekend catchup casting roundup, with a headlining turn from Jean-Claude van Damme. How can you resist the Muscles From Brussels? Answer: you can’t. Just give in to his suave, over-confident appeal. After the break you’ll find details about:
- JCVD taking part in a sci-fi film called UFO,
- Danny Glover joining the cast of a different sci-fi thriller, Mentryville,
- Sullivan Stapleton becoming the latest member of the Gangster Squad,
- Nico Tortorella from Scream 4 joining Guy Pearce and Amy Ryan in an indie,
- and What to Expect When You’re Expecting adds more.
Read More »
It took me a while to get used to seeing Dawson Creek star Joshua Jackson in Fringe, but like the series itself, Jackson eventually found a groove that I enjoyed revisiting. Now it seems he’s sticking with the supernatural themes from Fringe with his next project. Jackson has signed on for the lead in UFO, an adaptation of the cult-hit British TV series.
Read More »