Disney hit ctrl-alt-del on Tron 3 a few years ago, citing the mixed reaction and not-good-enough box office of Tron: Legacy as key factors. Like the 1982 original, the 2010 sequel had passionate fans…there just didn’t seem to be enough of them. While an actual sequel still appears to be on hold, someone at Disney has faith in the Grid – a new Tron movie is in the works and it’s being built as a vehicle (a lightcycle?) for Jared Leto.
Read More »
Today is going to be a long day, as we wait for the 2016 election results to be tabulated, so it’s nice to know that we can go release some stress by taking advantage of a new update for Grand Theft Auto Online today. Some of you out there maybe haven’t played Grand Theft Auto V in awhile, but this update just might get some of you back online for a bit.
Grand Theft Auto Online: Deadline is a new update that adds some new gameplay features which basically make it feel like you’re playing the game on The Grid in TRON. Get a taste of the Grand Theft Auto TRON shenanigans after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Theme Park Bits:
- Hostel director Eli Roth lends his talents to Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights.
- Visitors to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will get a Zootopia exclusive.
- Disneyland is getting a villain and ghost-themed Halloween parade.
- The dance troupe Jabbawockeez returns to Halloween Horror Nights.
- California Adventure’s Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is getting a temporary seasonal re-do.
- Legendary Imagineer Tony Baxter shares an early design for a Mary Poppins ride.
- A look at new decorations popping up for Halloween Horror Nights.
- Early footage of the under-construction Star Trek: Operation Enterprise.
- Check out the full map for Universal Studios Florida’s Halloween Horror Nights.
- Go behind-the-scenes of the latest Frozen stage show.
- And more!
Read More »
Last summer, fans of TRON and the follow-up TRON Legacy were dealt a tough blow when the developing TRON 3 was declared dead at Walt Disney Pictures. The sequel was said to be called TRON: Ascension with director Joseph Kosinski back behind the camera and Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde reprising their roles as Sam Flynn and Quora. Thousands of fans signed a petition in an attempt to get Disney to reconsider, but it doesn’t appear to have done any good. However, that doesn’t mean TRON 3 is out of the realm of possibility, at least according to one of the film’s producers.
Reignite your fire for any hope of seeing TRON 3 after the jump. Read More »
Walt Disney Animation made a big announcement on Facebook Live this morning: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be coming to theaters in 2018. Get the details after the jump.
Read More »
There’s a new Disney theme park hitting Shanghai next month, and TRON fans will be jealous when they see the new ride that is only being built in China. We got a glimpse at some concept art for the attraction from overseas, but now that the park is getting really close to opening on June 16, we get to see how the ride turned out in reality.
For those who don’t have the coin to make it over to Shanghai but still want to see what they’re missing out on, a new video has emerged online from someone who was lucky enough to check out the ride during the soft open and cast member previews. Thankfully, they brought their camera and turned it on for the full ride, and it’s a pretty cool.
Watch the TRON ride video after the jump. Read More »
Arriving about six years too late for a successful cross promotion with the sequel TRON Legacy, the automobile manufacturer Chevrolet just unveiled a new version of their signature Cruze sedan. However, this version of the car is inspired by the aesthetics of the world of TRON.
The Chevy TRON car was unveiled at the Beijing auto show last week. While you might be thinking that this car is going to look awesome when you feast your eyes upon it after the jump, allow me to lower your expectations, because this car is pretty lame. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 1st, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Almost a year ago, it was revealed that Disney was secretly working on a Tron video game and imaginations got fired up. Between this video game, Tron characters joining Disney Infinity, the new Tron Lightcycle Power Run ride at Shanghai Disneyland, and the hazy existence of Tron 3 on the horizon, it was a good time to be a fan of this fascinating, but wounded film series.
And then Tron 3 was canceled. And now, that video game looks to be a pretty straightforward “runner,” albeit one that makes good use of the series’ stunning visuals. Weep, Tron acolytes! For this is not the best time to be fan of this franchise.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve featured artist Joey Spiotto‘s work many times on the site over the past few years. You might recognize his little Golden Book parody covers or his fictional band Vinyl record cover art. We even featured him earlier in the week as his book Alien Next Door hit stores nationwide.
To coincide with his book release, Gallery 1988 is hosting Joey’s second solo art show which debuts tonight. Storytime 2 will see a return of Joey Spiotto’s demented children’s books. Hit the jump to get a preview of some of the 50-or-so pieces which will be on display at the exhibition.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
And that’s a wrap for Star Trek Beyond. Also after the jump:
- Two more Girl With the Dragon Tattoo books are coming
- Keanu Reeves drops some hints the plot of John Wick 2
- Garett Hedlund believes Tron 3 would’ve blown Legacy out of the water
- Danny Boyle promises Trainspotting 2 will be “worthwhile”
- Check out the first teaser for The Lion King sequel The Lion Guard
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 unleashes a bloody IMAX poster
- Star Trek Beyond wraps shooting; see set photos and video from Dubai
Read More »