Posted on Thursday, October 27th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Producer Jerry Bruckheimer is developing a TV sequel to Enemy of the State.
- Tom Cruise doesn’t have much to say about Top Gun 2.
- Nicolas Cage has even less to say about National Treasure 3.
- Several Bad Moms sequels are in the works.
- Yes, Tom Hanks would like to be in that Splash remake.
- John Wick: Chapter 2‘s director lavishes praise on Keanu Reeves.
- No, James Gunn isn’t making Tron 3.
Read More »
Last summer, fans of TRON and the follow-up TRON Legacy were dealt a tough blow when the developing TRON 3 was declared dead at Walt Disney Pictures. The sequel was said to be called TRON: Ascension with director Joseph Kosinski back behind the camera and Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde reprising their roles as Sam Flynn and Quora. Thousands of fans signed a petition in an attempt to get Disney to reconsider, but it doesn’t appear to have done any good. However, that doesn’t mean TRON 3 is out of the realm of possibility, at least according to one of the film’s producers.
Reignite your fire for any hope of seeing TRON 3 after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 26th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Sequel Bits, the round-up of anything and everything sequel-related. In today’s edition:
- Olivia Wilde explains what’s up with Tron 3.
- B.D. Wong explains what he really wants out of a Jurassic World sequel.
- Creed drops a new three-minute featurette.
- War of the Planet of the Apes adds another ape.
- Kurt Russell reacts to the Big Trouble in Little China remake.
- Thor: Ragnarok and Alien: Paradise Lost both head down under.
- Spectre is officially the longest Bond movie ever.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
And that’s a wrap for Star Trek Beyond. Also after the jump:
- Two more Girl With the Dragon Tattoo books are coming
- Keanu Reeves drops some hints the plot of John Wick 2
- Garett Hedlund believes Tron 3 would’ve blown Legacy out of the water
- Danny Boyle promises Trainspotting 2 will be “worthwhile”
- Check out the first teaser for The Lion King sequel The Lion Guard
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 unleashes a bloody IMAX poster
- Star Trek Beyond wraps shooting; see set photos and video from Dubai
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
Tron fans wept when Disney finally pulled the plug on the threequel, after years of on-again, off-again development. But star Garrett Hedlund isn’t mourning the death of the franchise, mainly because he doesn’t actually believe it’s “totally dead.” Does he have new intel, or is he just a stubborn optimist? Read the Tron 3 Garrett Hedlund comments after the jump. Read More »
Bruce Boxleitner was at the Hallmark Channel’s Television Critics Association summer press tour party for his TV series Cedar Cove. I interviewed him about the current season, and then brought up the cancellation of TRON 3 by Disney. Now, even though the recent version of the film is dead, things can always come back around. After all, it took 28 years for TRON: Legacy to hit the screen. However, any future TRON revivals will have to go without Alan Bradley, because Boxleitner says he’s done waiting for another TRON movie. Bruce Boxleitner on Tron 3 Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today we have updates on a sequel that definitely isn’t happening, and several more that definitely are. After the jump:
- Olivia Wilde responds to Tron 3 cancellation
- TMNT2 will give away a role for charity
- The 50 Shades stars aren’t set for a spinoff
- Elisha Cuthbert joins the Goon sequel
- Jurassic World gets biggest IMAX release ever
- See Peeta and Gale in new Mockingjay pics
- Peek behind the scenes of Barbershop 3
- ATL star confirms a sequel is in the works
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 1st, 2015 by Angie Han
On Friday word got out that Disney had pulled the plug on Tron 3. The studio had been dragging its feet on greenlighting the film, even as development continued for a fall shoot.
But the reaction from fans was much swifter and more definitive. An online petition asking Disney to revive Tron 3 has been making the rounds, with 10,000 signatures so far and counting. Read all about the Tron 3 petition after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Did Memorial Day weekend throw you off enough that you missed some of the bigger entertainment stories this week? Well, don’t fret, because it’s time to take a look at the Best Stories of the Week.
This week we’ve got updates on Gambit with Channing Tatum, Marvel’s developing Doctor Strange, an interview with Pete Docter about Pixar’s Inside Out, a new director for Jonny Quest, trailers for The End of the Tour and the remake of Point Break, and much more. Hit the jump to get caught up on a week’s worth of the biggest stories.
Update: The news of Disney shutting down Tron 3 broke after this roundup was published, but definitely factors into the big news of the week. We’ve added that below.
Read More »
Tron 3 just got de-rezzed.
Over the past few months there has been a lot of buzz about Tron 3 (maybe called Tron: Ascension) shooting in Vancouver beginning in October. And while Disney has been very slow to confirm anything, all reports positioned the film as a direct continuation of Tron Legacy, with Joseph Kosinski returning to direct, and Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund reprising their roles. But now Tron 3 is dead at Disney. Read More »