Posted on Sunday, January 24th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Sequel Bits, the irregular feature covering all of the sequel news you could possibly desire. In today’s edition:
- London Has Fallen unveils a new poster.
- XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage casts Jet Li and Tony Jaa.
- No, Michael Bay will not talk about Transformers 5.
- The Legend of Conan and Triplets are still very much alive.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There really isn’t much Josh Gad can’t do. He’s a Tony-Award nominated stage performer, a dramatic actor, comedic actor, a voice actor and even a writer. On that last front, Gad has long been attached to co-write a sequel to the 1988 hit film, Twins. The film is called Triplets and would once again star Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito as the unlikeliest of twin brothers. Except, this time, they’d find out they have a new brother, played by Eddie Murphy.
It’s a concept that seemingly has been floating around for years, but in a recent AMA Gad offered an update. He said the script, which he co-wrote with Ryan Dixon, is done but Universal has it on hold. Read Josh Gad’s Triplets movie update below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Star Trek 3 script is finally done, says Roberto Orci
- Read a test screening reaction to Mad Max: Fury Road
- Milla Jovovich‘s pregnancy delays Resident Evil 6
- Yes, that Twins sequel Triplets is still in development
- See Ron Paul in the Atlas Shrugged Part 3 trailer
- The two Mockingjay films will have “distinct stories”
- Rumor has it Halloween: The Next Chapter is coming
Read More »
There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 15th, 2012 by Angie Han
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito have made it pretty clear over the past couple of years that they’d be up for a sequel to Ivan Reitman‘s 1988 comedy Twins. Now that dream is inching closer to reality.
Back in March, we learned that the film was being developed as Triplets, with Eddie Murphy as a potential third member of the mis-matched set. At the time, it was just an idea floating around, but now Universal and Montecito Picture Co. are taking a step forward with the hiring of writers Josh Gad (Book of Mormon) and Ryan Dixon for the movie. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 by Angie Han
The long-gestating Ghostbusters 3 got yet another new lease on life over this summer, when Sony hired Etan Cohen to give the script another rewrite. As of July, it looked like Cohen would be sticking with the same premise we’ve been hearing about for years now: “original castmembers Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson
and Bill Murray passing the torch to a new generation of ghostbusters.” We assumed that’d mean the old Ghostbusters would be on hand to teach the tricks of the trade to a new group of colleagues. But could the torch-passing be a reference to a remake instead?
In a recent interview, original director Ivan Reitman talked about getting Ghostbusters “remade.” In addition, the director expressed his worries about Triplets, the impending Twins sequel. Read his comments after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
Two comic book movies and two long-in-the-making comedy sequels make their appearance in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ivan Reitman will return for Twins 2, says Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Dumb and Dumber 2 could get rolling by fall, says Bobby Farrelly
- Check out pics and video of stunt performers on the Iron Man 3 set
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse will probably murder a dog in Kick-Ass 2
Read More »
A pre-April Fools’ day story that wasn’t actually a joke contained the announcement that Universal is developing Triplets as a sequel to Ivan Reitman‘s 1988 film Twins. The original comedy starred Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger as genetically-engineered brothers who learn of one anothers existence when they’re both adults.
Triplets doesn’t have a director at this point, or even a screenwriter, and the cast isn’t yet signed. But the idea is for DeVito and Schwarzenegger to return, with Eddie Murphy stepping in as a third long-lost brother.
Danny DeVito has spoken in general terms about doing a Twins sequel in the past, and now we’ve got some enthusiastic quotes from Schwarzenegger. He seems wildly confident about the prospects for the film. Read More »
Rumors have flown for the past year of a possible sequel to Twins, the 1988 comedy in which Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger starred as genetically engineered but not quite identical brothers. And now that second film is really happening: Universal and Montecito Picture Co. are developing a film that will follow Twins. But Twins 2 isn’t quite going to cut it; this film will be called Triplets. And if things work out the way the companies want, Eddie Murphy will be the third brother. Read More »