Posted on Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
I feel for movie makers sometimes. It’s totally understandable that they’d want to keep certain juicy plot details under wraps, and it’s surely annoying to have to fend off prying fans who’d rather know everything right now. I don’t, however, feel bad enough for them to refrain from passing along some juicy hints when we get them.
Earlier this year, an anonymous source slipped that Dinobots would play a prominent role in Transformers 4. Nothing’s officially been confirmed, but star Mark Wahlberg‘s recent reaction when asked about the fan-favorite characters seems like a small hint.
Meanwhile, over in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a casting call lends some credence to the popular theory that Tony Stark, not Hank Pym, will be the creator of Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hit the jump to get the latest dirt on both rumors.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: Michael Bay‘s Transformers 4 is already months into production, featuring a whole new fleet of slick cars and a younger, rebooted cast. Even so, another talented veteran has just been announced as part of the bunch. Titus Welliver, best known for playing a pivotal character on Lost, has joined the film in an unspecified role.
Transformers 4 opens June 27, 2014. [Deadline]
Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’re sure to have tons of sequel-related news coming up later this week from Comic-Con, but in the meantime we have a bunch of other, non-SDCC news to share with you. After the jump:
- Troy Duffy is cooking up more Boondock Saints
- Joseph Kosinski offers a minor update on Tron 3
- Chinese superstar Han Geng joins Transformers 4
- The Veronica Mars movie is getting book sequels
- Dumb and Dumber To gets embroiled in a lawsuit
- Mel Gibson is in Expendables 3, says Sly Stallone
- Watch another trailer for Disney’s Cars spinoff Planes
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who better to make a special Grown Ups 2 chili recipe than Guy Fieri? Also after the jump:
- Legendary doesn’t seem optimistic about Hellboy 3
- Neill Blomkamp isn’t interested in Star Trek 3
- Steven Seagal might do Expendables 3
- Transformers 4 sets up a Chinatown in Detroit
- Optimus Prime sees some action in new set videos
- Machete Kills will premiere at Fantastic Fest
- Charlie Sheen gets his own character poster
- Rub a dub dub, it’s a guy from The Raid 2 in a tub
- The gang’s all here in The Best Man Holiday trailer
Read More »
The new cars of Transformers 4 have been on display for over a month now. Beginning with Autobot leader Optimus Prime and leading through a mysterious alternate big rig, it’s pretty obvious Michael Bay‘s part-sequel, part-reboot is going to have a lot of machinery under the hood.
Paramount just released what they’re saying is the final reveal of the cars of Transformers 4. (We’ll believe it when we see it.) What makes this reveal different is, once again, this car hints at a storyline in the film. Remember in the first Transformers when Sam got a beat up old Camaro that turned out to be Bumblebee, and then Bee morphed himself into a top of the line Camaro? Seems that’s going to happen again on June 27, 2014. Though we’ve already seen an old Bumblebee, the final reveal is the brand new Bumblebee: the 2014 Concept Camaro. Read More »
Paramount and director Michael Bay continue to reveal new vehicles for next Summer’s Transformers 4. Up until now though, the images have been pretty standard. We’ve seen classic characters like Optimus Prime, a new Bumblebee, and lots of really fast, expensive concept cars. Today, however, we might have our first glimpse at a vehicle that teases what happens in the film.
Bay has revealed a brand new Freightliner truck, meaning there will be another big rig in the film. Could it be Optimus Prime’s fellow Autobot Ultra Magnus? Or maybe the villainous Decepticon and Prime rival Motormaster? Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Feast your eyes on posters for Riddick, Planes, and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters in today’s Sequel Bits. Also after the jump:
- Brad Pitt thinks a World War Z sequel has potential
- Jerry Bruckheimer talks Pirates 5 and Top Gun 2
- Don’t believe those Transformers 4 title rumors, says Michael Bay
- Jason Statham is “really excited” about Fast & Furious 7
- Stephen King is too scared to write an It sequel
- … but you can see the book trailer for The Shining sequel now
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: Michael Bay has just revealed another vehicle that’ll appear in his currently filming Transformers 4. While some of the previous vehicles, like Bumblebee’s Camaro and Optimus Prime’s big rig, were instantly recognizable, there’s no indication of who this new car is. An Autobot? A Decepticon? One thing’s for sure, it’s a car that’s sure to turn heads. Check out the 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe below. Read More »