Posted on Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We and the rest of the internet are all about The Force Awakens right now, but that doesn’t mean we’re just ignoring the rest of the Star Wars universe. After the jump:
- This lightsaber is actually an elegant flask for a more civilized age.
- Peek at the Star Wars Land float for this year’s Rose Parade.
- See a cool piece of Han Solo-centric art by Tomer Hanuka.
- Celebrate Life Day with the Lucasfilm holiday card maker.
- This gingerbread Darth Vader looks terrifying and delicious.
- Mark Hamill helps fans sort his real autographs from the fakes.
- Donnie Yen is so psyched for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Could Nien Nunb return for Star Wars Episode VIII?
- Why did Hayden Christensen disappear after Episode III?
- Science says destroying the Death Star would’ve killed the Ewoks.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Mondo has just announced they’re doing a series of posters based on the films of Terrence Malick. It’ll take place over the course of the year but it’s starting in the same place Malick did, the 1973 film Badlands. Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek starred in the story of a young girl who takes taken on a killing spree by her boyfriend. Artist Tomer Hanuka did the poster and it goes on sale March 19. Below, see the full image of the Mondo Badlands poster. Read More »
Legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock was born on August 13, 1899. That’s makes tomorrow his birthday and though the director passed away 33 years ago, his legacy can still be felt today. To celebrate the Master of Suspense’s birth, Mondo is revealing brand new posters for two of his most well-regarded films.
Tomer Hanuka has taken a gruesome snapshot that immortalizes Psycho, while Ghoulish Gary Pullin has not one, but two, different takes on Sight and Sound‘s Best Movie of All Time: Vertigo. Check them out below. Read More »
The Alamo Drafthouse’s Mondo Tees has given us an EXCLUSIVE look at their next officially licensed Star Wars poster: Tomer Hanuka‘s “Father: Encounter on Dagobah”. The 19″x25″ poster print is a limited edition of only 250, each hand numbered. The poster will go on sale on Thursday July 29th on the MondoTees website. Please note: the last 2 posters from the Star Wars line have sold out in 1 hour and 30 minutes respectively. You might want to follow @MondoNews on twitter for the “now on sale” announcement. See the full design and more after the jump.
Read More »
The Alamo Drafthouse has commissioned a couple artists to create posters for The Warriors and George Romero’s Survival of the Dead. They will go on sale for a very limited time today on Mondotees. I’ve been told the time will be random, and they are sure to sell out qucik, so keep checking back on Mondotees if you don’t want to miss them. Check out all of the designs right now, after the jump.
Read More »