Posted on Thursday, October 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
Martin Scorsese‘s latest project is coming to a small screen near you. HBO has announced a 2016 premiere date for Vinyl, the retro sex-drugs-rock-n’-roll drama from Scorsese, Mick Jagger, Boardwalk Empire‘s Terence Winter. In addition, the network has also slotted return dates for Girls and Togetherness. Get Vinyl premiere date details and more after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
One of the new offerings on HBO is a show called Togetherness, which is written and directed by Jay Duplass and Mark Duplass. The first episode of Togetherness introduce four troubled adults, and watches as they all begin to slide toward 40 and/or oblivion together. Mark Duplass and Melanie Lynskey play a married couple who have been together for a decade; Steve Zissis is his best friend and Amanda Peet is her sister. The four end up living under the same roof, and their proximity to one another makes their individual and collective shortcomings impossible to ignore.
The series premiered last night, but HBO has made the first episode available in full online. Along with that, you can check out a video of the Duplass brothers playing their own rendition of the old HBO theme song. Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
Brothers Jay and Mark Duplass have been apart more than not lately, with Jay killing it on Amazon’s Transparent and Mark doing the same on FXX’s The League. But come January, they’ll be re-teaming for a brand-new show on HBO called Togetherness.
The half-hour series centers around four people in their late 30s who all live under one roof. Mark Duplass and Melanie Lynskey play Brett and Michelle, a married couple struggling with parenthood, Steve Zissis is Brett’s underemployed best friend Alex, and Amanda Peet is Michelle’s free-spirited sister Tina. Watch the first Togetherness trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »