Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It’s less than a month until we return to an Earth that has been dramatically reshaped into a place that could soon be called a planet of the apes, and Fox has released one last big look at its latest chapter in the long-running saga. Half of this final Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer is all about brewing conflict and watching humanity further lose hold on the planet.
And then things just explode, and that war that Caesar talks about in his steadily-improving speech just explodes. A lot of the footage here is stuff we’ve seen before, but that’s OK; it’s good to save the best stuff for the final film. And Matt Reeves’ sequel to the surprise hit from 2011 looks like it firmly takes the reins of the story in a way that could be very satisfying for Apes fans, indeed. Read More »
Last month, 20th Century Fox screened five scenes from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. While I was very impressed with the footage, I was blown away by the performance capture I saw in the 20 minutes previewed — it was the best performance capture performances I had seen to date.
On top of that, Andy Serkis was on hand to introduce a brief video showcasing the live-action human actors filming the performance capture for the Ape roles side by side split screen with the computer animated finished footage of the Apes. I cant tell you how impressive this brief clip was on the big screen — it brought me back to the days of movie magic specials from my childhood.
20th Century Fox has now released the clip online for all of you to see. Watch the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Performance Capture comparison clip embedded after the jump.
Read More »
On June 3rd 2013, I flew to New Orleans, LA to visit the set of Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes follow-up Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. There, I learned a great deal about the Matt Reeves-directed sequel. After the jump, read about my Dawn of the Planet of the Apes set visit and discover the secrets behind the next chapter in the Planet of the Apes series.
Read More »
The last significant piece of the new Fantastic Four puzzle is set. The character Victor von Doom, more commonly known by his only slightly more evil-sounding name Doctor Doom, will be played by Toby Kebbell. Deals are being finalized, but assuming everything goes according to plan, he’ll join Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, and Jamie Bell in the film. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump, get the latest updates on all the sequels you’re looking forward to, along with some you’re probably not.
- Divergent is officially getting a sequel, Insurgent
- Find out when Terminator: Genesis starts shooting
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 is opening next spring
- Veronica Mars director addresses sequel speculation
- Blair Witch co-director talks about a potential sequel
- Listen to an energetic tune from the Raid 2 soundtrack
- Sophia Myles shows up in a new Transformers 4 still
- Linkin Park is contributing to Transformers 4
- See a new BTS image from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Here’s a new pic of Tom Hardy in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Legendary and Universal Pictures have announced the cast of the big screen adaptation of Warcraft. Find out the details after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Matt Reeves has been shooting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, his sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, for a little while. (Don’t think too much about the prequel/sequel status of these films as they relate to the original Planet of the Apes films — thats just a wormhole.) While we don’t have a photo from the film at this point, the tardy “start of production” announcement does come with news that Toby Kebbell (Wrath of the Titans) and Enrique Murciano (Traffic) have roles in the film, and also reveals more plot info than we’ve previously known. Read More »