Bruce Wills gets some co-stars, a God returns to Asgard, Tintin gets a companion and much more in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about:
- Two television stars have joined A Good Day To Die Hard in supporting roles.
- Idris Elba confirms he’ll be back for Thor 2 and has some ideas about his character.
- Screenwriter Anthony Horowitz confirmed Professor Calculus will appear in Tintin 2.
- Edgar Wright discusses the possibility of a sequel to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
- A new commercial for Prometheus has more potential spoilers.
- A sequel to Jonathan English‘s 2011 film Ironclad is in the works.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I’d like to welcome all the new Marvel Studios fans to the fold. The Avengers hit the $1B mark this weekend, and it is on track to break all sorts of impressive-sounding box office records. That implies that there are a lot of happy returning Marvel fans who’ve been on board for the ride since Iron Man was released a few years ago, but there are also a lot of new converts.
This update is mostly for the new followers. In a video interview with Bloomberg, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige talks about the studio’s future plans. Feige speaks with some specificity about the plans to shoot new films over the course of the next year: first Iron Man 3, then Thor 2 and Captain America 2. He also explains that the studio has two films planned that are as yet unannounced. Those who’ve been following along with Marvel’s developments over the past couple years will be familiar with that plan. But for the new fans, check out the video interview below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
In this superhero-heavy edition of Sequel Bits:
- Tom Hiddleston talks about the relationship between Thor and Loki
- Iron Man 3 will be an “antidote” to The Avengers, says Kevin Feige
- The X-Men: First Class sequel is aiming for a late 2013 or mid-2014 release, and Jane Goldman is part of the writing team
- Fox CEO offers details on the father-son bond in A Good Day to Die Hard
Read More »
Chris Hemsworth is having a staggering 2012. A film he shot before he was cast as Thor, The Cabin in the Woods, was just released. He’s back as the God of Thunder with a pivotal role in Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers and he’ll then be seen as the Huntsman in Snow White and the Huntsman. He just finished shooting the real-life racing drama Rush with director Ron Howard and he’ll wind up the summer shooting Thor 2 with director Alan Taylor. Then his Red Dawn remake should finally get a release. Not a bad year at all.
I sat down with Hemsworth, along with two other journalists, to discuss his busy schedule, the craziness of comic book fandom, how Joss Whedon helped cast him as Thor, some of his huge action scenes in The Avengers, Thor 2 preparation, how Robert Downey Jr. ushered him into the group and much more. He’s a great guy and an even better interview. Read it after the jump. Read More »
Lots of hypothetical films in various stages of development make up the bulk of this edition of Sequel Bits. Hit the jump to read about the following:
- Chris Hemsworth talks more about how Thor 2 will be more real, Stellan Skarsgard hopes to return.
- Empire Magazine has a bunch of new photos from Skyfall.
- Beetlejuice 2 will likely deal with modern issues.
- Olivia Wilde says Quorra in Tron 3 would be like the mermaid in Splash.
- Joss Whedon‘s experience on The Avengers means he’d be intersted in directing the sequel.
- Chrisopher Mintz-Plasse is tweeting about Kick-Ass 2.
- Star Trek 2 is just about done shooting in Los Angeles and moving to another location.
- Robert Rodriguez will likely direct all of Machete Kills himself, even if it happens at the same time as Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Thursday, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Chris Hemsworth to talk about his upcoming film, of which he actually has two. He’s got The Cabin in the Woods which opens Friday, as well as The Avengers, which opens May 4. In the interview, we actually did talk about both films, and the odd, circular, Joss Whedon link between them, but the conversation predictably turned to his upcoming projects including Thor 2, directed by Game of Thrones helmer Alan Taylor.
Hemsworth revealed he’s read the script and met with Taylor (as well as co-star Natalie Portman) about the film. Plus he says Taylor is going to bring a whole new look and feel to Asgard this time around. We’ll post the full interview in the coming days but, read his Thor 2 update after the jump. Read More »
Maybe you heard, but Marvel’s The Avengers is coming out in a few weeks and it’s pretty damn good. Joss Whedon’s superhero epic had its world premiere this week and the cast and crew have begun their whirlwind international press tour, which included several interviews with /Film. Some will be posted soon, others – the ones that deal with major spoilers – will be held until after the release.
Several outlets have begun posting their findings, though, and much of the talk is obviously looking forward to the next round of Marvel films: Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 – all of which are confirmed, as well as Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and The Inhumans, which are each in various stages of development.
After the jump, we’ve complied on all of those films. Click below to read those and check back soon for our interviews with the cast and crew and The Avengers. Read More »
Is newly minted Golden Globe winner Idris Elba coming back for Thor 2? How did Joss Whedon go about balancing different director visions brought to Marvel characters in The Avengers? What does Olivia Thirlby have to say about the difference between this Dredd and Sylvester Stallone’s? Which Avengers character is getting a super cheap, super bad, direct to DVD rip-off made? Want to see what the new Avengers Lego characters look like? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
How good does Robert Downey Jr. think Iron Man 3 could possibly be? Which superhero movies might have Super Bowl commercials and which might not? What’s the meaning of the Lazarus Pit in The Dark Knight Rises? Will Jaimie Alexander appear in Thor 2 or The Avengers? Who might perform the theme song for The Avengers and is there a warm way to dress your baby up as Batman or Robin? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »