Posted on Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
As next Maze Runner and Hunger Games films prepare for their fall bows, studio marketing teams are starting to pave the way for next year’s crop of YA action franchises. Following the new 5th Wave trailer earlier today comes the first trailer for The Divergent Series: Allegiant, starring Shailene Woodley as plucky heroine Tris.
Following the events of this year’s Insurgent, Tris and her friends are ready to find out what lies beyond the walls of their secluded society. The answer might surprise you, but probably won’t if you read the headline. Watch the first The Divergent Series: Allegiant trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ethan Embry want a Can’t Hardly Wait reunion
- Jason Bateman admits Horrible Bosses 2 was a paycheck gig
- Jonathan Ames is still working on that Bored to Death movie
- See more pics of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed
- Zachary Quinto on returning to Star Trek without J.J. Abrams
- President Obama (or rather a portrait of him) photobombs an X-Files set pic
- The Maze Runner shares an informative viral video and a new poster
- Ansel Elgort and Theo James celebrate the end of Allegiant Part 1 shooting
Read More »
Writer/director John Michael McDonagh is following up Cavalry with a new movie called War on Everyone, featuring Michael Peña and Alexander Skarsgård in the lead roles. They play “two corrupt cops in New Mexico who set out to blackmail and frame every criminal unfortunate enough to cross their path.” Now the first image is out for the film, and while McDonagh’s name should be enough to raise your interest, seeing Skarsgård flip us the bird in this War on Everyone image might help. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
The dystopian YA trend is still going strong in 2015, with The Divergent Series: Insurgent the first one out of the gate. Shailene Woodley once again plays Tris, a special snowflake with more than one personality trait. That makes her a threat to the corrupt system, run by Jeanine (Kate Winslet).
Joining her once more are Theo James as handsome love interest Four, Miles Teller as mean kid Peter, and Ansel Elgort as Tris’ skeptical brother. Octavia Spencer and Naomi Watts join the cast. Watch The Divergent Series Insurgent final trailer after the jump.
Read More »
This new Insurgent trailer — possibly the last before the film opens at the end of March — has a lot of new footage, and condenses the sales pitch for the film down to one minute. (My favorite edits!) We see some of the strife that consumes Tris (Shailene Woodley) and a bunch of big effects shots that dress up the proceedings. We also get shots of a lot of the rest of the cast, including Tris’ beau Theo James, and Miles Teller, Kate Winslet, and Octavia Spencer. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’re not even done with this year’s crop of dystopian YA adventures (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 doesn’t come out for another week) but already the Hollywood marketing machine is getting us primed for next year’s.
The first dystopian YA movie of 2015 to get a trailer is The Divergent Series: Insurgent, which picks back up with Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) in the aftermath of their big showdown against the powers that be in the last installment. Watch the first The Divergent Series: Insurgent trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 by Angie Han
Oftentimes sequels are just more of the same, but at least we know for sure The Divergent Series: Insurgent will differ from its predecessor in one key way. Lionsgate/Summit announced today the dystopian action sequel will open in 3D. To celebrate that news, the studio is releasing eight “interactive 3D character posters” throughout the day.
After the jump, get the details on The Divergent Series: Insurgent 3D release, and check out The Divergent Series: Insurgent character posters.
Read More »
Before Theo James smoldered in Divergent, he smoldered in Underworld: Awakening. In the most recent chapter of the fantasy/action series, James played a vampire named David who lent a hand to Kate Beckinsale’s Selene. Now a new Underworld movie is in development, and counter to some reports it won’t be a remake or reboot. No, this is a new sequel, and Theo James will lead the Underworld 5 cast. Read More »