Richard Gere is one of those movies stars who’s probably slightly undervalued as an actor because of his stardom. But for the past decade, aside from the occasional hokey romance or two, he’s been doing some of his most thoughtful work as a performer. He’s taken on smaller and more intimate projects, frequently playing some wonderfully unlikable and deeply human characters (see The Hoax or The Hunting Party, if you haven’t already). His next film, The Benefactor, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival this year, and it was met with mostly positive reviews.
After the jump, watch the trailer for The Benefactor.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 arriving next week, Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment are prepared to show off the next chapter in the other major young adult sci-fi franchise featuring a female lead. The Divergent Series: Allegiant doesn’t arrive until March 2016, but a full trailer has arrived showing off just what’s at stake, and what Tris (Shailene Woodley) must do in order to ensure that she and the people of Chicago will survive whatever experiment is being done on the city. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 19th, 2015 by Angie Han
The Lycans and the Vampires are at it again. Sony has just announced the start of production on Underworld 5. Kate Beckinsale is back as Selene, whom she’s been playing since 2003, along with a few other familiar faces including Theo James and Charles Dance. Get all the details on Underworld 5 after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
As next Maze Runner and Hunger Games films prepare for their fall bows, studio marketing teams are starting to pave the way for next year’s crop of YA action franchises. Following the new 5th Wave trailer earlier today comes the first trailer for The Divergent Series: Allegiant, starring Shailene Woodley as plucky heroine Tris.
Following the events of this year’s Insurgent, Tris and her friends are ready to find out what lies beyond the walls of their secluded society. The answer might surprise you, but probably won’t if you read the headline. Watch the first The Divergent Series: Allegiant trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ethan Embry want a Can’t Hardly Wait reunion
- Jason Bateman admits Horrible Bosses 2 was a paycheck gig
- Jonathan Ames is still working on that Bored to Death movie
- See more pics of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed
- Zachary Quinto on returning to Star Trek without J.J. Abrams
- President Obama (or rather a portrait of him) photobombs an X-Files set pic
- The Maze Runner shares an informative viral video and a new poster
- Ansel Elgort and Theo James celebrate the end of Allegiant Part 1 shooting
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Writer/director John Michael McDonagh is following up Cavalry with a new movie called War on Everyone, featuring Michael Peña and Alexander Skarsgård in the lead roles. They play “two corrupt cops in New Mexico who set out to blackmail and frame every criminal unfortunate enough to cross their path.” Now the first image is out for the film, and while McDonagh’s name should be enough to raise your interest, seeing Skarsgård flip us the bird in this War on Everyone image might help. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
The dystopian YA trend is still going strong in 2015, with The Divergent Series: Insurgent the first one out of the gate. Shailene Woodley once again plays Tris, a special snowflake with more than one personality trait. That makes her a threat to the corrupt system, run by Jeanine (Kate Winslet).
Joining her once more are Theo James as handsome love interest Four, Miles Teller as mean kid Peter, and Ansel Elgort as Tris’ skeptical brother. Octavia Spencer and Naomi Watts join the cast. Watch The Divergent Series Insurgent final trailer after the jump.
Read More »
This new Insurgent trailer — possibly the last before the film opens at the end of March — has a lot of new footage, and condenses the sales pitch for the film down to one minute. (My favorite edits!) We see some of the strife that consumes Tris (Shailene Woodley) and a bunch of big effects shots that dress up the proceedings. We also get shots of a lot of the rest of the cast, including Tris’ beau Theo James, and Miles Teller, Kate Winslet, and Octavia Spencer. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »