The Woman in Black was something of a surprise success — the old-school supernatural thriller had the advantage of surprise, and of Daniel Radcliffe in one of his first post-Potter roles. Radcliffe and the surprise factor are not a part of the sequel, but there’s still a serious creep factor in The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death, as a bus full of kids fleeing the Blitz in London arrive at the supernaturally dangerous Eel Marsh House. (And the film is called Angel of Death, which should be enough to generate some interest.) Check out the full-length Woman in Black 2 trailer below. This is a much different trailer compared to the one we saw last month. It is more focused and much more compact — it’s one of my new favorite one-minute edits.
Posted on Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
The Woman in Black: Angel of Death won’t be out in time for Halloween this year, but its first trailer is. The horror sequel picks up about 40 years after 2012’s The Woman in Black, during the London Blitz of World War II. With nowhere else to turn, a group of schoolchildren are evacuated to the Eel Marsh House, which has lain empty for years. Surely there they’ll be safe, far away from the terrible bombs in the city.
But this is a horror movie, so of course that turns out not to be the case. Instead of providing sanctuary, the house unleashes its own special brand of terror. Phoebe Fox plays Eve, the kids’ teacher, and Jeremy Irvine is local military commander Harry. Hit the jump to see the first The Woman in Black Angel of Death trailer.
Posted on Thursday, October 16th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
The art above is the production logo for That’s What I’m Talking About, the new film from Richard Linklater. We’re stretching the definition of “sequel bits” just a little here, but the movie has been called a “spiritual sequel” to Dazed and Confused. Linklater started production on the movie this week, and that image is in celebration of the ongoing production.
- The Woman in Black – Angel of Death gets a new US release date,
- James Wan talks about Fast & Furious 7,
- Producers suggest there’s a plan for a new Saw film in 2016,
- A new Horrible Bosses 2 poster goes online,
- As does a Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb poster,
- And James Cameron talks Terminator.
Sequel Bits: ‘The Lego Movie 2,’ ‘Ghostbusters 3,’ ‘Vacation,’ ‘The Woman in Black,’ ‘Now You See Me 2’
Posted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
When the Lego Batman movie was announced last week, we found that it had taken over the release window previously set for The Lego Movie 2. Now, alongside all those other DC Comics and Harry Potter spin-off movies announced or confirmed by Warner Bros. this morning, we have confirmation that The Lego Movie 2 is still happening, and we have a general release window. In addition, read about the following items:
- Gillian Anderson issues a call to Paul Feig to be cast in Ghostbusters,
- The Vacation sequel/reboot will have a Freaks and Geeks mini-reunion,
- There’s a second Woman in Black – Angel of Death teaser,
- And one of Ellen’s regular guests scores a Magic Mike XXL role.
Posted on Friday, September 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Thought the piss-poor box office figures for this past summer would discourage studios from making more sequels? Think again. After the jump:
- Relativity will release The Woman in Black 2
- Could Koba be back for the next Apes movie?
- Wesley Snipes might return for another Blade film
- Will Forte still really wants a MacGruber sequel
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 may set sail for Australia
- Mission: Impossible 5 jets off to Morocco
- Is there any chance of more Deadwood?
- 24 may get that long-promised big screen sequel yet
- More Flowers in the Attic TV movies are coming
- Rumor has it the 50 Shades sequel will star a Kardashian
- The next Maze Runner is already in pre-production
- See a (SFW) pic from the set of Magic Mike XXL
- Lorde maybe teases her Hunger Games contribution
Posted on Thursday, August 21st, 2014 by Russ Fischer
The Woman in Black: Angel of Death follows up, obviously, on The Woman in Black, the 2012 gothic horror film that saw Daniel Radcliffe facing down a malevolent spirit. Part of the appeal of the first film was seeing Radcliffe out of his Harry Potter garb, but the movie was also effective as horror. It doesn’t leave much room for a direct sequel, however. And so Angel of Death moves forward to 1941, when two teachers and their students attempt to escape the Blitz in London. They end up at the Eel Marsh House, where the woman in black waits. Check out the Woman in Black sequel teaser below. Read More »
Sequel Bits: ‘Riddick’, ‘Skyfall’, ‘The Woman in Black: Angel of Death’, ‘The Expendables 3’, ‘The Mechanic 2’, ‘Terminator 5’
Posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Click past the jump for sequel-related bobs and bits, including:
- The Vatican is not immune to Skyfall‘s spell
- Vin Diesel‘s Riddick gets rated by the MPAA
- Women in Black 2 has a spooky new poster
- Expendables 3 and Mechanic 2 are happening
- Is Terminator 5 picking up steam again?
Director Bits: Jordan Scott Takes Over ‘Gucci;’ ‘Arbitrage’ Helmer Looks Does Eco-Noir in ‘Fuel;’ Tom Harper Takes on ‘The Woman in Black’ Sequel
Posted on Friday, October 12th, 2012 by Russ Fischer
A few people have lined up new films, or are getting their hoped-for projects closer to rolling. After the break,
- Jordan Scott takes over Gucci from her father,
- Nicholas Jarecki moves from Arbitrage to Fuel,
- and the Woman in Black sequel gets a director.