While VHS and DVD really hurt the theatrical re-release business for quite a while, in recent years there has been a resurgence of films going back to the big screen, if only for very limited runs.
The latest rereleases coming up this fall are a very brief — one night only! — booking for Steven Spielberg‘s classic E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, and the full Twilight Saga in advance of the opening of the final chapter in the series. Info on both follows. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The publicists that be kept Kristen Stewart off the stage at MTV’s VMA ceremony tonight when some of the Twilight cast assembled to present a new 90-second trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. So the most awkward part of the Twilight portion of the evening was just the effects in the trailer, and that’s not such a big deal. In fact, the film’s dodgy effects are almost charming at this point, as they’ve been so thoroughly embraced by the films over the past few years.
The difference here is that, with the core romantic drama resolved in the last film as Bella and Edward (Stewart and Robert Pattinson) finally married and had their weird super-baby Renesmee, this movie is about resolving the drama between vampire clans. And that means battle, and more effects sequences than in previous chapters.
Indeed, this short trailer makes the movie look like the final buildup to one big fight scene. It also reveals a bit more of Mackenzie Foy as Renesmee, as vampire rule-keepers the Volturi prepare to attack. Read More »
In The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, you will see Kristen Stewart wrestle with a mountain lion. She also jumps waterfalls in a single bound, climbs mountains and hugs Robert Pattinson really hard. At the first Hall H panel of San Diego Comic Con 2012, director Bill Condon (via video) and the cast and crew of the November 16th film screen the first seven minutes of the movie, most of which centers on Bella’s first time acting like a vampire. “It felt so good to break her in,” Stewart said of this films’ newly vamped character character. “See how fast the car goes.”
After the jump, read about the first seven minutes of the film and the rest of the final Twilight movie panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Read More »
Even though it only runs about 75 seconds long, the theatrical trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 packs in more intriguing images than the first four movies combined. Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) are finally married and now that they’ve also had a child, the lovers who could never be will become the parents who’ll fight for anything to save their child. And if that means recruiting an army of vampires and werewolves to fight the Volturi? Well, then that’s what they’ll do.
Directed by Bill Condon, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 is the final film of the Twilight saga and opens November 16. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots of fun odds and ends in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Early posters for A Good Day to Die Hard and Percy Jackson hit the Licensing Expo
- Men in Black 3 concept art reveals a (slightly) alternate design for the monowheels
- Charlize Theron‘s role in Mad Max: Fury Road apparently requires her to have really short hair
- A handful of new stills show Bella and Edward’s kid in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is in the process of being written, says producer Alex Kurtzman
- Will Smith is iffy on doing on I Am Legend 2 because he doesn’t want to be “the sequel guy”
- Did you know there was almost a sequel to E.T.? Steven Spielberg explains why it didn’t happen.
Read More »
Casting on Machete Kills continues to speed ahead, as Modern Family star Sofia Vergara becomes the latest to sign on. Also after the jump:
- Leonard Nimoy has not confirmed a Star Trek 2 cameo
- Tim Burton offers a tiny Beetlejuice 2 update
- Anna Faris probably won’t do Scary Movie 5
- Men in Black 3 gets creative with its marketing
- Kristen Stewart spills about the Breaking Dawn reshoots
Read More »
We’re crossing genres in a big, big way in this edition of Sequel Bits. Comedy, horror, romance and sci-fi, it’s all here. After the check out updates on the following:
- A poster for the U.S. release of [Rec] 3 Genesis has been revealed.
- The follow-up to The Last Exorcism now has a title.
- A third TV spot for Men in Black 3 is now out.
- Mike Tyson talks about The Hangover Part III.
- The poster for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 popped up at CinemaCon.
Read More »
Here’s the teaser trailer for the final film in the Twiilght series — or, at least, the final film until the merged Lionsgate/Summit company decides to reboot it altogether. Many of you may have already seen this in theaters, since it played in front of The Hunger Games, which just had the third-highest opening weekend of all time, behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and The Dark Knight.
The kicker shot in this teaser is pretty good: Bella (Kristen Stewart) in the woods, hunting as a new vampire, having been turned at the climax of the last film in order (ironically) to preserve her life. The thrust of this final film, which follows the marriage of Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella, and the rapid in utero development and violent birth of their child, is a confrontation with the vampire ruling class that has been seen here and there throughout the series. There’s no real hint of that here, however. This is all about Bella’s new non-human nature.
Check out the teaser for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: