Dark Horse Comics has released The Star Wars Deluxe Hardcover Collection, which compiles The Star Wars comic book mini series. Based on George Lucas’s original rough draft screenplay for Star Wars, the comic adapts Ralph McQuarrie‘s early concept designs to bring the un filmed version of the story to life. We’ll take a look at this special collection, see some photos of whats inside, and find out my thoughts on The Star Wars Deluxe Edition, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Enough of this Batman crap, let’s get back to what’s really important in 2015: Star Wars! Here’s the latest from a galaxy far far away.
- Check out three covers and more from The Star Wars comic books.
- Read about how Samuel L. Jackson tried to ask J.J. Abrams about possibly being in Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA wants to reinvent Star Wars video games to make “people’s jaws drop.”
- A minor update on the rumored December 2015 release date.
- Carrie Fisher now refuses to comment about Episode VII.
- There’s a Kickstarter to make a documentary about Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew.
- Star Wars: Force Collection, a card-based mobile game, will be out September 4.
- Listen to the voice of Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz, talk about his hilarious experiences making Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
The big Star Wars Episode VII story coming out of D23 this weekend was that there was no big Star Wars Episode VII story. To the disappointment of many, the studio chose not to reveal any new info at all during the event. But luckily for those craving a bit of Star Wars gossip, we have some rumor and news coming from other corners of the world. After the jump:
- Ian McDiarmid is rumored to return for Episode VII
- Meanwhile, Ray Park is hoping he’ll get asked back too
- George Lucas and his wife welcome a baby daughter
Read More »
Before George Lucas made some big chances to the career-defining script that became Star Wars, the story was called The Star Wars. Many of the bigger ideas and character names that would appear in the 1977 classic were in place early on. But there are huge differences between the early draft and what audiences eventually saw on the screen. Han Solo was an alien rather than a human, Annikin Starkiller was the lead, and Luke Skywalker was an experienced general and precursor of sorts to Obi-Wan Kenobi.
On September 4, the original script is hitting shelves as a Dark Horse comic book. They publisher has just released a trailer for the adaptation. Check it out below. Read More »
Begun, the TV discussions have. At the TCAs this weekend, ABC executives revealed they’ve started to talk to Lucasfilm about possible ways to bring the Star Wars brand to TV. Below, read about that as well as a few other Star Wars Bits:
- A metal band filmed their music video on Star Wars sets in Tunisia.
- Check out new art from The Star Wars comic book series.
- Star Wars: Battlefront won’t be released until Summer 2015.
- Star Trek star Karl Urban wouldn’t want to be in Star Wars.
- Watch Warwick Davis talk to Anthony Daniels and others at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
Read More »
These days, the Star Wars news never stops. Thank god you have Star Wars Bits to help you out. After the jump, read about the following:
- Anthony Daniels suggests he could be returning for Star Wars Episode VII and that Star Wars Celebration will have some answers.
- Harrison Ford does NOT like being asked about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch a seven-hour documentary on the original Star Wars Trilogy.
- Read an interview with two Dark Horse bigwigs discussing the upcoming adaptation of The Star Wars and see some concept art…
- …but that interview isn’t without its controversy.
- Star Wars historian J.W. Rinzler also did an interview about The Star Wars comic book.
- Billy Dee Williams will be at Star Wars Weekends at Disney on June 7-9.
- Check out the art for a new Star Wars Concept Art book.
- The recent layoffs at Disney are related to the studio’s purchase of Lucasfilm.
- Related to that, read an insider’s look at the final days at Lucasarts.
- Darth Vader isn’t happy he lost the Star Wars
- A major movie museum might have its own Death Star.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The original script for Star Wars was very different from what audiences saw on screen in 1977. George Lucas first wrote The Star Wars as a much campier tale. Some of the now-popular characters were aliens, some didn’t exist and others were different older or younger. Author J.W. Rinzler has written about the script in his fantastic book The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film but few fans have ever been able to explore it fully. Until now.
Beginning in September, Rinzler and Dark Horse Comics will adapt George Lucas’ original script, The Star Wars, into an eight-issue comic book mini-series. It’s the “story of Jedi Annikin Starkiller and General Luke Skywalker, an alien named Han Solo, and evil Sith Knights.” Read more, and see more art, below. Read More »