The Raid 2 is one of the best action films ever made. If you live in Los Angeles, you can see it for free next week. /Film is teaming up with Collider to give away 15 pairs of tickets to a special advanced screening of the film March 13 in Hollywood. As a bonus, writer/director Gareth Evans will follow the presentation of his bad-ass action epic with a Q&A. Below, find out how you can get tickets. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Filming locations, new stills, set photos, videos, rumors and more: let’s get on with this edition of Sequel Bits.
- Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez are already planning Sin City 3.
- Pitch Perfect 2 will return to Baton Rouge with original costume designer.
- Fast and Furious 7 is back to shooting in Abu Dhabi.
- Check out eight new stills from The Raid 2.
- Dreamworks hints at fifth Shrek movie.
- The Smurfs 3 will be completely animated.
- Paul Blart 2 continues casting.
- Series creator Michael Patrick King has a story for a third Sex and the City.
- Check out some crazy set photos from Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Read More »
If you’re waiting to see more of The Raid 2: Berandal before it opens in March, the new mosaic poster for the film, designed for the film’s Indonesian release, has a lot of info pulled together into one image. Check out the full one-sheet below. Read More »
The world premiere screening of Gareth Evans‘ highly anticipated sequel, The Raid 2, just finished at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival and the response was electric. We’ll have a review and video blog soon but, for now, we’ve compiled a bunch of tweets from movie bloggers and filmmakers alike to give you an idea of what you can expect when the film hits on March 28. Here are two to get the ball rolling:
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s cold and icy and generally miserable outside right now in most of the U.S., which means now is the perfect time to pour yourself a cup of tea, bundle up in a cozy blanket, and dive into Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Raid 3 will pick up before The Raid 2 leaves off
- Friday 4 is stuck in development hell, says Ice Cube
- Jennifer Saunders is working on the Ab Fab movie
- Who’s making a surprise cameo in 22 Jump Street?
- The hero and the villain of Jack Ryan get posters
- Bad Grandpa gets a red-band trailer for the DVD
- Watch (or rewatch) the first ten minutes of Riddick
Read More »
2013 was an amazing year for movies. There are still a couple big films from late in the year that I haven’t yet seen (my second cross-country move in the span of a year, left me scrambling to stay current for the year’s final quarter) and yet I’ve still got a list of favorite 2013 films that includes more than fifteen movies. With any luck I can spend the next evenings catching the couple last big ones to get that “best of ’13″ list out the door.
In the meantime, as many are I’m looking forward to 2014. The next year is absolutely packed-out for blockbusters, but there’s a lot of (potentially) good stuff to enjoy in 2014. Below is my own attempt to organize the coming year in movies, based on what we know right now.
Read More »
The Raid was a simple, no-holds-barred action film that pitted a cop squad against a whole building full of bad guys. The sequel, The Raid 2: Berandal, features the main character from the original film as he is drawn into a city-wide conflict between the cops and two crime families. He has to go to prison to get connected undercover, but is soon involved in even more crazy violence throughout all of Jakarta.
The film premieres soon at Sundance, and we’ve got a baroque new trailer with almost all-new footage. There’s a lot of talk at the outset here, but don’t worry: when things get moving, the action hits hard, bloody, and even muddy. This is a hell of a trailer; you’re going to love the baseball bat sequence. Watch below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Gareth Evans‘ highly anticipated Indonesian action sequel, The Raid 2, will have its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January but general audiences won’t have to wait long after that to see it themselves. The 148-minute roller coaster ride of furious fists is now scheduled open March 28 in the United States. Read the press release below. Read More »