Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Edward Cullen, James Bond, and Kermit the Frog are all preparing to return to the big screen, but it looks like Roger Rabbit is not. After the jump:
- Roger Rabbit 2 is still not moving forward
- The Twilight gang is heading into reshoots
- Daniel Craig says 007 is “nicer” in Skyfall
- Nicholas Stoller has details on The Muppets 2
- Prometheus will one hour and fifty-nine minutes
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Music, release dates, expanded roles, clips and interviews. It’s all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- Pitbull, not Will Smith, will be doing the theme song to Men in Black III. A nation weeps.
- Liam Hemsworth talks about how his expanded role in The Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire, didn’t change this performance plus Expendables 2.
- A new clip has been released from Wrath of the Titans featuring Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes.
- Kermit the Frog and Walter discuss Jason Segel‘s departure from The Muppets 2.
- Warner Bros. gives official Summer 2013 release dates to The Hangover Part III and 300: Battle of Artemisia.
Read More »
In this edition of Sequel Bits, you can read about the following:
- Miss Piggy confirms a Muppets sequel is in the works.
- Aerosmith will have a song on the G.I. Joe Retaliation soundtrack.
- There’s a chance Johnny Depp could show up in Beetlejuice 2.
- A new, stricter fashion sense may have been implemented for Star Trek 2.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s not like Kermit, Miss Piggy, and the gang ever totally disappeared from the public eye, but last fall’s The Muppets definitely went a long way toward reinvigorating the franchise for a whole new generation. The film was a hit both critically and commercially, and it’s in no way surprising that Disney’s now getting the pieces together to move forward on the sequel.
What’s disappointing, however, is that it seems Jason Segel — who not only starred in, but also wrote and executive produced the The Muppets — won’t be involved in a screenwriting capacity. (Don’t freak out, Gary fans — it’s still possible he’ll star.) Instead, Muppets director James Bobin and original co-writer Nicholas Stoller have closed a deal to pen the script. More details after the jump. Read More »
The sequel news keeps coming, and this is almost a specialty update on a couple of upcoming ‘next chapters.’ Below it’s all Muppets and Star Trek as we run down the possibility of sequels to The Muppets and The Dark Crystal, and look at the licensing plans Paramount has for the now-shooting sequel to Star Trek. Read More »
Of the many things that make me happy about The Muppets, this story concerns three of them.
James Bobin’s film does a fantastic job of not only paying respect to the Muppet legacy but also setting a foundation for a whole new world should audiences demand to see it. And why wouldn’t they? The Muppets is filled with memorable characters and an interesting story interspersed with a slew of catch tunes and sounds that can’t help but make you feel happy.
In regards to both those points, this article will provide an update from the producers on what work is being done on a sequel as well as a video from the Soundworks Collection about the music and sound of The Muppets and a music video of the song “Man or Muppet.” Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: