On May 6th 2013, I ventured downtown to visit the set of The Muppets 2 (now titled Muppets Most Wanted). Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a huge Jim Henson fanatic and love love love The Muppets. One of the greatest results of starting this site was being invited to the set of a Muppet movie and getting to talk to Kermit and the gang. For 2011’s The Muppets, we were on set to watch the Muppets drive up to the ABC (disney-owned) news station in a car. For Muppets Most Wanted, I got to see dozens of Muppets about to board a train at Union Station. I’m thinking that I might just be lucky enough to watch the Muppets exit a plane onto the tarmac at LAX if they ever make another Muppets film.
Disney Release Dates: Muppets Sequel Now ‘Muppets Most Wanted,’ Plus New Marvel Films in 2016 and 2017
Posted on Thursday, June 13th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Disney just changed a bunch of release dates and titles, offering a glimpse at what the company that owns Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm has in store in the coming years. No Star Wars Episode VII news yet, but here are the highlights:
- The Muppets …Again has changed its title to Muppets Most Wanted. It still opens March 21, 2014.
- Two untitled Marvel movies will be released May 6, 2016 and May 5, 2017.
- Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland arrives a week earlier on December 12, 2014.
- Rob Marshall’s musical Into The Woods is now scheduled for December 25, 2014.
- A sequel to Planes, called Planes: Fire and Rescue, will be released on July 18, 2014.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner opens October 10, 2014.
- Lasse Hallestrom’s The Hundred-Foot Journey comes out August 8, 2014.
There’s more below. Read More »
LeVar Burton has some issues with J.J. Abrams‘ attitude toward the Star Trek franchise, and no, it doesn’t have anything to do with that Star Wars gig. Also after the jump:
- Producer Joe Roth talks a bit about Alice in Wonderland 2
- Transformers 4 will be darker and grittier, says Mark Wahlberg
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s John Harrison is a “warrior” like Nero
- Steve Carell thinks it’s better that Anchorman 2 took so long
- Sofia Vergara literally has a killer bod in the Machete Kills poster
- Kermit gets a doppelganger or two in The Muppets… Again
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation unveils new character-centric featurettes
Posted on Monday, February 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Muppets… Again! will feature Kermit and company gallivanting across Europe after a case of mistaken identity, but apparently the gang will find some time to squeeze in a bit of romance. We’ve just learned that the film will feature Miss Piggy’s wedding — and that in typical fashion, it’ll be a grand affair at one of Europe’s iconic landmarks. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
When Kermit and company hit the big screen in 2011’s The Muppets, it had been over a decade since their last cinematic outing in 1999’s Muppets From Space. Thankfully, the wait for their next film won’t be quite so long. The Muppets… Again is on track to open just over a year from now, and Disney is already getting the hype machine started with a plot synopsis and a couple of first look images — including one of human star Ricky Gervais. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Ray Liotta‘s best known roles haven’t exactly been family friendly. He’s still most famous for playing the lead in the gangster pic Goodfellas, was most recently seen illegal gambling ring in Killing Them Softly, and will next pop up in The Iceman to menace Michael Shannon’s hitman. Just last week, he signed on to star in Robert Rodriguez’s violent neo-noir Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
His newest project, however, will send him in the complete opposite direction. Liotta has signed on for a part in the upcoming Muppets sequel, rumored to be called The Muppets… Again. He joins a very funny human cast that also includes Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey, and Ty Burrell (with a possible cameo by Christoph Waltz). More details after the jump.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Super Bowl, teaser posters, rumors and more are all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- A new image from Fast and Furious 6 is out and find out when you’ll see the first footage.
- Watch a video of Arnold Schwarzenegger talking about The Legend of Conan.
- J.J. Abrams has ideas for a third Star Trek, but nothing is set.
- Filming on The Muppets sequel, The Muppets…Again, starts this week.
- Another teaser poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has been released.
- The R-rating for A Good Day to Die Hard is confirmed in a new commercial.
Posted on Monday, January 14th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Disney woke up and decided to make some news today. In addition to officially announcing two Marvel movies for 3D, they’ve dated a bunch of other high profile films,
Posted on Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
Though Disney’s The Muppets sequel will be a big-screen release, Kermit and company apparently haven’t forgotten their small-screen roots. Last month, Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell signed to play two key human characters in the film. Now, Tina Fey is rounding out the cast as the female lead.
The plotline and other details are being kept vague for now, but thanks to a tipster who worked in production on the last film, we also have some word on what the title might be. Read on after the jump.
Sequel Bits: ‘The Muppets 2’, ‘The Raid 2’, ‘Transformers 4’, ‘Anchorman 2’, ‘Unbreakable’, ‘The Godfather’, ‘Trick ‘R Treat’, ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christoph Waltz might appear in The Muppets 2 after all
- Has Transformers 4 replaced Brenton Thwaites with Jack Reynor?
- Berandal (a.k.a. The Raid 2) announces new cast members
- Walton Goggins promises to be funny in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Paul Rudd doesn’t know much about Anchorman 2 but hopes it’ll be good
- Samuel L. Jackson has things to say about Unbreakable
- Paramount and the Puzo estate settle the Godfather suit
- A Good Day to Die Hard debuts two explosive TV spots
- Trick ‘R Treat‘s Sam has a holiday greeting for you