Posted on Thursday, November 17th, 2011 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of the usual news bits about casting, renewals, and so on in today’s TV Bits, but first, don’t you want to read about a possible racial slur in a decades-old episode of Fraggle Rock?
After the jump:
- A Texas man reports an offensive slur in a 1984 episode of Fraggle Rock
- Fox’s J.J. Abrams-produced Alcatraz changes showrunners
- NBC picks up Bryan Fuller’s The Munsters pilot
- Comedy Central renews South Park for like the next million* seasons
- Becki Newton heads to CBS’ How I Met Your Mother
- Lone Star actor James Wolk lands on ABC’s Happy Endings
* And by “million,” I mean “five.”
Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 15th, 2011 by Angie Han
We’ve got lots of odds and ends for you in today’s TV bits, including renewals, a remake, and a rant by notoriously rant-y Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter. After the jump, read about:
- NBC’s remake of The Munsters
- The new poster for Season 6 of Dexter
- Kurt Sutter’s thoughts on the AMC debacle
- Renewals for USA, TNT, and SyFy shows
Read More »
The last time the TV show Wild Wild West was revamped, it resulted in an atrocious Barry Sonnenfeld film that stands as one of the more forgettable big-budget pictures of the ’90s. But the last time Ronald D. Moore revamped a show the result was the new Battlestar Galactica, which was better than anyone would ever have expected. So what will we get out of Mr. Moore’s new take on the classic Western show?
EW says the new Wild Wild West is in very early stages, with at least weeks before networks get a crack at buying it. The original show starred Robert Conrad and Ross Martin as Secret Service agents sent to patrol a territory in the Old West. What will this new one offer? With that setup there’s plenty of room for the mix of character, espionage and political commentary that made Battlestar Galactica so great.
After the break, Terra Nova gets a female lead, and Guillermo del Toro adds another possible project to his plate. Read More »