After Lost, writer/producer Damon Lindelof aimed at the big screen, working on scripts for films such as Cowboys & Aliens, Star Trek Into Darkness, Prometheus, World War Z, and Tomorrowland. Now the show he’s been developing for a while, The Leftovers, has been ordered to series at HBO. Ten episodes have been ordered; Peter Berg directed the pilot.
The series follows the after-effects of the Rapture, or more specifically what happens to people who don’t make the cut and are stuck on Earth rather than ascending to the heavens. The crux is that the leftovers, as they could be called, don’t necessarily understand what happened. They only know a bunch of people, including many of their family members and loved ones, disappeared overnight. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Damon Lindelof is returning to TV and he’s just cast his new Jack Shephard. Justin Theroux, star of Mulholland Dr., Your Highness and the co-writer of Tropic Thunder and Iron Man 2, has just been cast as the lead in the new HBO pilot The Leftovers. Based on a novel of the same name by Tom Perrotta, The Leftovers takes place in a world where most of humanity mysteriously disappears. The story follows the confused people who remain and their struggle to survive with constant questions and insecurities.
Theroux will play Kevin Garvey, the town’s leader who tries to keep things normal even with frightening questions to be answered. Lindelof is co-writing and co-executive producing the show with Perrotta, marking his first return to television after Lost. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you’re scrambling to catch up on the Mad Men Season 6 premiere or you just want to experience it again, AMC’s got the entire episode online right now. Also after the jump:
- Vikings and Bates Motel get renewed
- Paul Reuben heads to Wonderland
- HBO’s Girls loses one of its boys
- Will USA pick up Happy Endings?
- The Kitten Bowl is coming in 2014
- Jonathan Strange is coming to the BBC
- Peter Berg will direct HBO’s The Leftovers
- See a trailer for Christopher Guest‘s Family Tree
- FX reveals four creepy promos for The Bridge
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whoever asked the universe for a Brett Ratner-produced Farmville TV series, your prayers have been answered. Also after the jump:
- Director Barry Sonnenfeld signs on for Beverly Hills Cop
- Ridley Scott sets up a Philip K. Dick-based miniseries at Syfy
- HBO gives pilot order to Damon Lindelof‘s The Leftovers
- Zombieland casts Maiara Walsh as its new Emma Stone
- Frances Conroy will return for American Horror Story
- Vince Gilligan will direct the last episode of Breaking Bad
- Is that a corpse we see in the new Breaking Bad set photo?
- Check out a new picture from the set of ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Watch an intense new trailer for Game of Thrones Season 3
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Since Lost went off the air in 2010, Damon Lindelof‘s been keeping busy with one high-profile big-screen project after another: Cowboys & Aliens, Prometheus, Star Trek 2, World War Z, Brad Bird’s upcoming 1952. But he apparently hasn’t left the small screen behind entirely.
Lindelof is now headed to HBO to develop a new drama titled The Leftovers. Unlike with most of Lindelof’s projects, this one won’t be shrouded in secrecy — it’s an adaptation of a 2011 novel by Little Children and Election author Tom Perrotta, so we have a pretty good idea of where it’s going. More details after the jump.
Read More »