Posted on Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games franchise is about many things — revolution, propaganda, teen romance — but it all started as a story about two sisters. It was Katniss’ (Jennifer Lawrence) devotion to Prim (Willow Shields) that led her to volunteer for the 74th Hunger Games, and that’s kept her fighting ever since.
A new The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 trailer puts the focus back on the Everdeen sisters, celebrating their moments together throughout the franchise. Watch it after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’re well past the midpoint of the year, and we’ve already delivered our list of the Top 10 Films of 2015 So Far. And as we reach the end of the summer, the movie business starts slowing down, giving a little calm before the storm that is awards season. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t still tons of movies to look forward to before the end of the year.
That’s why we’ve collected a list of 30 Movies to Be Excited for Before the End of 2015. And since there are so many great movies coming up before the end of the year, this is the Blockbuster and Studio Edition of the list, and next week we’ll deliver a completely different list for independent movies. But until then, here’s a list of movies we think you won’t want to miss over the next four months. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got new posters, clips, promos, really long pitches for movies that’ll never get made… you name it. After the jump:
- Turns out we already saw those new Star Trek Beyond uniform weeks ago
- Chris Hemsworth shares a selfie to mark the end of Ghostbusters shooting
- Steven Knight has just completed the latest draft of World War Z 2
- Ed Boon reveals the Terminator was considered for Mortal Kombat X
- Director Ed Zwick teases some impressive action for Jack Reacher 2
- Katniss and company stand tall in a new Hunger Games: Mockingjay banner
- Bryan Cranston pays homage to Star Wars in the latest Kung Fu Panda 3 promo
- Thomas sits down for a chat in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip
- Max Landis reveals what his American Ultra 2 and Chronicle 2 would have been
Read More »
Earlier this year we watched Kids React to The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, and then we went to the opposite end of the spectrum to watch the Elderly React to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer. And now we’re landing somewhere in the middle with Teens React to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 trailer.
The final installment of the blockbuster young adult sci-fi franchise is coming in November, and as you can see in this video, right off the bat, these teens are extremely excited for this movie. Well, most of them are excited for it, while a couple of them just don’t seem to care and one is much more into The Maze Runner. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
As if Jon Snow didn’t have enough to deal with already, he’s now become the target of a coordinated attack by Katniss Everdeen. A new mashup video combines The Hunger Games with Game of Thrones, replacing President Snow with Jon Snow. Alliser Thorne would probably approve of the results. Watch The Hunger Game of Thrones after the jump.
Read More »
The fight against President Snow heats up in a new trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 as Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and the rest of District 13 turn their weapons to The Capitol for the concluding chapter of this sci-fi sensation.
Watch the new trailer for The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 trailer after the jump! Read More »
After an hour of Bill Murray being a rock star in Hall H at Comic-Con in San Diego, things took a different turn when the Lionsgate panel began featuring The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
Four timpani drums were rolled out on the Hall H stage, and as the players banged the drums, a stream of additional drummers entered the hall through the crowd, hitting their instruments with vigor, getting louder and louder until suddenly it was time for a message from District 13. You can watch that viral teaser right here, but now it’s time to dig into the final Comic-Con panel for The Hunger Games franchise. It was a sweet, funny, and fond farewell to the young adult sci-fi adaptation with some brief teases of what’s to come in the finale.
Check out our recap of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Comic Con panel after the jump! Read More »
On Thursday, July 9th, Lionsgate stormed Hall H with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, the final chapter in the young adult sci-fi franchise. Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, director Francis Lawrence and producer Nina Jacobson were on hand for the panel, but we’ll get to that in another post.
Instead, we’d like to call your attention first to a new viral teaser featuring the crimson clad Katniss Everdeen (Lawrence) and a very coordinated white army. In addition, we’ll recap the full theatrical trailer for the end to the two-part finale. And considering this trailer won’t be released for a couple months, big fans of the franchise will probably want to read our description of the trailer.
Read The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 trailer description and see the viral teaser after the jump. Read More »