Posted on Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Seven years after Ratatouille declared that “anyone can cook,” French chefs in the movies are still being awfully snobby about who gets control of the kitchen. The new The Hundred-Foot Journey trailer shows Helen Mirren as Madame Mallory, a Michelin-starred chef in the south of France who faces an unexpected challenge when an Indian family opens their own eatery right across the street from hers.
Initially, the two competitors seem ready to go to war with each other, Neighbors-style. But Mallory is eventually won over by talented young Hassan (Manish Dayal), and takes him under her wing. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Disney just changed a bunch of release dates and titles, offering a glimpse at what the company that owns Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm has in store in the coming years. No Star Wars Episode VII news yet, but here are the highlights:
- The Muppets …Again has changed its title to Muppets Most Wanted. It still opens March 21, 2014.
- Two untitled Marvel movies will be released May 6, 2016 and May 5, 2017.
- Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland arrives a week earlier on December 12, 2014.
- Rob Marshall’s musical Into The Woods is now scheduled for December 25, 2014.
- A sequel to Planes, called Planes: Fire and Rescue, will be released on July 18, 2014.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner opens October 10, 2014.
- Lasse Hallestrom’s The Hundred-Foot Journey comes out August 8, 2014.
There’s more below. Read More »