There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits are ordered from least to most family-friendly, just because. After the jump:
- Casting call reveals Human Centipede 3 plot details
- Take a first peek at Chucky in Curse of Chucky
- First teaser photo from Insidious Chapter 2 revealed
- Set photos from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes show a run-down San Francisco
- Evangeline Lilly chats about her new Hobbit character Tauriel
- You’ll be able to watch Despicable Me 2 with special minion-inspired 3D glasses
- Another Dolphin Tale is shooting this fall
Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
I hope you’re excited for Human Centipede III, because shooting in LA has already begun. Also after the jump:
- Will Forte is working on MacGruber 2 this summer
- Could the Fast Five vault heist happen in real life? (No.)
- Charlie Sheen returns to his Latino roots for Machete Kills
- Glenn Morshower won’t be in Transformers 4, but you could be
- Rumor has it Sharon Stone wants a Basic Instinct 3
- J.J. Abrams hasn’t ruled out a third Star Trek
- Hatchet III and The Smurfs 2 get new posters
Read More »
This past weekend, the success of Texas Chainsaw 3D, which stole box office victory from the grubby hands of The Hobbit, helped ensure that Millennium films would go back to Texas for another helping of cannibal stew. That wasn’t a given at the outset, as previous Chainsaw sequels haven’t always been big performers. But this one did well enough to rev the saw once more.
Making things super-confusing, Deadline reports that this new sequel will be called Texas Chainsaw 4… which doesn’t make much sense. The series currently ignores everything but Tobe Hooper’s original and the 2013 film, which means the chronology is The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, then Texas Chainsaw 3D, then Texas Chainsaw 4. Either Deadline got the title wrong or perhaps Millennium figures the title of the current film looks enough like it is the third movie that moving to number 4 makes sense.
Bloody Disgusting reported news of a sequel the other day, but this new report comes with the title (if it is correct) and confirmation. Production will begin later this year, but no writer or director is named at this point.
After the break, the legal wrangles that were troubling The Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence have been resolved — huzzah!, right? — and Neve Campbell downplays the idea of Scream 5 really happening. Read More »