We haven’t seen all that much from The Expendables 2, outside of one very thin teaser trailer, a few photos, and that whole conversation over whether the film will be rated R or PG-13. (It will be R. Unless it isn’t.)
This movie being what it is, however, I don’t know how much we really need to see. Simon West directs the sequel to the biggest-ever collection of aged action heroes (and Liam Hemsworth), and anyone who sees the lineup pretty much knows what they’re in for. But maybe you want to see what guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Randy Couture, Bruce Willis and everyone’s favorite Van Damme, Jean-Claude, looks like in the film. In that case, the twelve character posters below will do the trick. It’s like The Dirty Dozen, if they were The Avengers, or vice versa. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
So it looks like Jason Segel won’t be a part of that Muppets sequel after all — for real this time, straight from the star/producer/co-writer’s mouth. Also after the jump:
- The Grim Reaper wants in on Bill & Ted 3
- Star Trek 2‘s Alice Eve has been spending a suspicious amount of time in the makeup chair
- Chuck Norris shows off cool, collected badassery in a new Expendables 2 still
- More new photos from G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Every time I think the whole back-and-forth about Bill Murray and Ghostbusters 3 is finally drawing to a close, somehow it comes roaring back again. This time, Murray is the one who’s not ruling out the possibility, however small, of his involvement. Also after the jump:
- Photos from Expendables 2, MIB3, and G.I. Joe
- A revealing new pic of Spock in Star Trek 2
- Maggie Grace talks about Taken 2, again
Read More »
After the jump we have a ton of new sequel news bits including:
- Richard Donner talks about the abandoned plans for Lethal Weapon 5.
- George Lucas says we’ll “NEVER” see a Star Wars sequel.
- Plans for an Anvil! The Story of Anvil Sequel
- Project X star joins the cast of Grown Ups 2
- Clive Owen knows nothing about Sin City 2
- The Smurfs 2 release date announced
- Dolph Lundgren gives an Expendables 2 update.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 19th, 2012 by Angie Han
The fact that the first Expendables was an R-rated affair didn’t stop it from underwhelming some, so Sly’s confirmation that Expendables 2 will be R, not PG-13, after all still isn’t a guarantee of quality — but it probably helps. Also after the jump:
- Watch a trailer for the Starship Troopers: Invasion, the animated sequel
- Men in Black 3 drops a new promo image.
- TRON: Legacy orchestrator Joe Trapanese will return for TRON: Uprising
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
Even if it didn’t ultimately deliver, so much of the first Expendables‘ appeal lay in its promise of no-holds-barred action: big stars, bigger guns, and limitless violence, all topped off with heaping dose of salty language. It’s tough to imagine a tamer, more family-friendly version of the movie having the same pull, and yet if a new rumor is to be believed, that may be exactly what we’re getting with The Expendables 2 — and it may all be Walker, Texas Ranger’s fault.
In a recent interview with the Polish site Gazeta, star Chuck Norris claimed that per one of his conditions for signing on to the project, The Expendables 2 would be cleaning up for a PG-13 classification. (The first Expendables movie received an R for violence and language.) Read his comments after the jump.
Update: This is no rumor, at least as far as the rating goes. Sylvester Stallone told AICN that the film will indeed be PG-13. Read his statement below.
Read More »
The sequel news is flying fast and furious and there’s no time to waste. In this edition you’ll find that:
- Simon Pegg says Khan is not mentioned in the Star Trek 2 story he’s heard.
- Pineapple Express 2 isn’t a David Gordon Green priority.
- The new poster for The Expendables 2 has been revealed.
- A trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be attached to The Adventures of Tintin.
Read the details below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here’s a pretty rote teaser trailer for Affliction: The Motion Picture… er, The Expendables 2, which puts Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham back at the forefront of an action extravaganza that also stars Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Check it out below if you want to see all those faces for a second or two each. Read More »