Comic Con kicks off in San Diego on July 11, and with the show only a month away we haven’t had too much concrete news about what will appear, and what is likely to miss the show. We know that The Dark Knight Rises won’t be there, as Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan have avoided SDCC in the past, and the film opens just after the event, anyway.
But what will be there? Quite a few studios aren’t bothering with the big Hall H panels that have been a cornerstone of the film presence in the past: Paramount, 20th Century Fox, Relativity Media, DreamWorks and DreamWorks Animation reportedly won’t do Hall H panels, and Universal remains undecided on that front.
But Disney and Marvel will be in Hall H, and Warner Bros. has plans to show up with non-Nolan footage. More info is below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Where the original Blade Runner was known for its neon urban landscapes, the Blade Runner sequel will take us all the way out into flat, dusty farm country — or so says Ridley Scott, while describing one scene he’s already visualized for his upcoming project. Also after the jump:
- Men in Black 3 concept art shows deleted scenes, alternate Boris the Animal design
- Find out when and where Iron Man 3 is shooting in North Carolina this week
- Red, white, and blue balloons dot new set photos of A Good Day to Die Hard
- Lionsgate unveils a second TV spot for The Expendables 2
Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Have you spent the last 18 years wondering what happened to Pauly Shore‘s character after the events of In the Army Now? Well, too bad, because he plans to tell you anyway. Also after the jump:
- Hatchet 3 rounds out its cast with several horror movie stalwarts
- Piranha 3DD releases a hilarious making-of video on Funny or Die
- Arnold Schwarzenegger slips details about his Expendables 2 shoot
- Should a possible Men in Black 4 be called People in Black?
- Star Trek 2 will bring back a small supporting character
- Timo Vuorensola will further explore the world of Iron Sky
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Because nothing works up the appetite quite like traveling back in time and fighting aliens, Baskin-Robbins is introducing a limited-edition line of Men in Black 3-inspired menu items. Also after the jump:
- Will Scary Movie 5 be a Black Swan spoof?
- Piranha 3DD soundtrack listing revealed
- Anchorman 2 teaser to debut before The Dictator?
- Vin Diesel drops another Riddick photo
- Expendables 2, G.I. Joe: Retaliation get new posters
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve seen two teaser trailers for Simon West’s sequel to The Expendables — well, one teaser, and one trailer for this trailer. But now we’ve got an actual trailer, with actual footage showing some of what happens when you put Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the same movie.
I don’t think there’s anything else I can say here; see the trailer below. (Header image is, sadly, not from the trailer. Consider it a bonus.) Read More »
Now Lionsgate is getting into the ‘trailer for a trailer’ business with The Expendables 2, and below you can see a quick video featuring co-star Terry Crews and a little bit of explosive action. The spot immediately calls to mind some of the Old Spice spots the actor has done, and his amped-up pitchman act is just right for this movie. Sadly, we don’t get much more than that. Read More »
We haven’t seen all that much from The Expendables 2, outside of one very thin teaser trailer, a few photos, and that whole conversation over whether the film will be rated R or PG-13. (It will be R. Unless it isn’t.)
This movie being what it is, however, I don’t know how much we really need to see. Simon West directs the sequel to the biggest-ever collection of aged action heroes (and Liam Hemsworth), and anyone who sees the lineup pretty much knows what they’re in for. But maybe you want to see what guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Randy Couture, Bruce Willis and everyone’s favorite Van Damme, Jean-Claude, looks like in the film. In that case, the twelve character posters below will do the trick. It’s like The Dirty Dozen, if they were The Avengers, or vice versa. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
So it looks like Jason Segel won’t be a part of that Muppets sequel after all — for real this time, straight from the star/producer/co-writer’s mouth. Also after the jump:
- The Grim Reaper wants in on Bill & Ted 3
- Star Trek 2‘s Alice Eve has been spending a suspicious amount of time in the makeup chair
- Chuck Norris shows off cool, collected badassery in a new Expendables 2 still
- More new photos from G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Every time I think the whole back-and-forth about Bill Murray and Ghostbusters 3 is finally drawing to a close, somehow it comes roaring back again. This time, Murray is the one who’s not ruling out the possibility, however small, of his involvement. Also after the jump:
- Photos from Expendables 2, MIB3, and G.I. Joe
- A revealing new pic of Spock in Star Trek 2
- Maggie Grace talks about Taken 2, again
Read More »
After the jump we have a ton of new sequel news bits including:
- Richard Donner talks about the abandoned plans for Lethal Weapon 5.
- George Lucas says we’ll “NEVER” see a Star Wars sequel.
- Plans for an Anvil! The Story of Anvil Sequel
- Project X star joins the cast of Grown Ups 2
- Clive Owen knows nothing about Sin City 2
- The Smurfs 2 release date announced
- Dolph Lundgren gives an Expendables 2 update.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »