Posted on Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Dwayne Johnson promises an epic prison action scene in Fast 8.
- Kristen Bell offers a quick update on Frozen 2.
- A deluge of new Star Trek Beyond clips and featurettes.
- Transformers: The Last Knight is filming a big highway action scene.
- A certain billionaire CEO will show up in Star Trek Beyond.
- Danny Boyle makes a fan’s day on the set of Trainspotting 2.
- No, Sylvester Stallone is not involved in that Expendables spin-off.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The modern, kick-ass female action star started with one name: Sigourney Weaver. So it was no surprise that Sylvester Stallone recently expressed interest in casting the iconic actress for The Expendabelles, the potential female-centric Expendables spin-off. Now it turns out, Weaver actually did get a formal offer, but passed on the role. Read more about The Expendabelles cast below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Long before there was talk of a lady-centric Ghostbusters reboot or Spider-Man spinoff, Sylvester Stallone was plotting his distaff take on The Expendables. And while no cast members have officially been announced for The Expendabelles as of yet, Stallone does have his eye on one particularly famous female badass.
At the premiere of The Expendables 3, Stallone revealed his hopes of getting Sigourney Weaver on board for The Expendabelles — possibly as his wife. Find out more about the Sigourney Weaver Expendabelles possibilities after the jump, along with potential plot details.
Read More »
While Avi Lerner and Millennium Films were once reportedly on the hunt for a female director to call the shots on The ExpendaBelles, they’re going to settle for the guy who directed Legally Blonde. Robert Luketic is now set to make the all-female riff on The Expendables. And the choice makes a certain sort of sense, as the film was scripted by Legally Blonde writers Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith.
The real news here might not be that director hire, however, but the film’s plot, which is below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
You’d think The Expendables producer Avi Lerner might look to certain names for his “all-female Expendables” offshoot film, which for now he’s calling The ExpendaBelles. Sigourney Weaver, maybe, or Linda Hamilton.
But he’s shooting for the moon, and he’s trying to get there on starship Streep. Yep, Lerner says he’s in talks with Meryl Streep to join his modern bacchae. Clearly he’s a fan of The Iron Lady, and probably Hope Springs. Read More »