Posted on Tuesday, September 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After spending much of the summer kicking back and enjoying the massive success of Furious 7, director James Wan is back at work on the set of The Conjuring 2. And he’s got the set photos to prove it. After the jump, see the first pics as The Conjuring 2 starts shooting. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, September 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Voice actor Mark Ryan debunks a recent Transformers 5 rumor
- Denis Villeneuve addresses Blade Runner‘s biggest mystery
- Fantastic Beasts‘ Eddie Redmayne doesn’t want to “let everybody down”
- The horror in Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials almost got it rated R
- Bryan Cranston and Frankie Muniz want a Malcolm in the Middle reunion
- Robocop 2 might still happen someday, eventually, maybe
- The Conjuring 2 and Ouija 2 add to their cast lists
- Straight Outta Compton‘s Aldis Hodge signs up for Jack Reacher 2
- Frank Marshall shares a photo from the set of Bourne 5
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
James Wan is a big time director, but that wasn’t by design. Wan directed six movies before taking the wheel for this weekend’s Furious 7 and while many of them were huge hits, none of them compared to this. Furious 7 is a big budget blockbuster with six films preceding it. It’s also in a genre – action – that he’s never worked in. Films like Saw, Insidious and The Conjuring all connected with audiences, but they were set in small locations with moderate to small budgets. Furious 7 takes place all over the globe with some of the most insane stunts you’ve ever seen. It also had to cope with the terribly tragic death of one of its stars, Paul Walker. Which is all to say, James Wan really had to step it up.
We’ll leave the Walker discussion for after opening weekend but, with the film now in theaters, here’s the rest of our interview with James Wan. He talks about the challenge of Furious 7 acting as a sequel to two Fast and Furious movies simultaneously, changing his focus from horror to action, the size and difficulty of those massive action scenes, the fact The Rock does his signature WWE move in the film and the pressures of The Conjuring 2. Read our James Wan Furious 7 interview below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christopher Walken and more board Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser
- Mercedes-Benz shares a new bit of Jurassic World footage
- Optimus Prime says Transformers 5 and 6 might be less dark
- Liam Neeson kinda sorta maybe wants to make a Taken 4
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will shoot this summer
- Seth Grahame-Smith teases Beetlejuice 2 and The Lego Batman Movie
- Duncan Jones addresses the possibility of Warcraft sequels
- James Wan‘s The Conjuring 2 is getting a rewrite
- Check out the first poster for Toho’s Godzilla reboot
Read More »
Briefly: The team behind Saw and Insidious both had their new horror movies moved around on the schedule today. Insidious Chapter 3, written and directed by Leigh Whannell, has been moved back one week to June 5, 2015. One year after that his partner in crime, James Wan, will release The Conjuring 2. The new Conjuring 2 release date is set for June 10, 2016.
Whannell wrote the first two Insidious films with Wan directing, before moving on with the franchise solo. In the interm, Wan went on and made Furious 7. The pair also co-created the Saw franchise. [Box Office Mojo]
Last night the news broke that New Line had pushed The Conjuring 2 out of 2015 and into an un-dated 2016 release window. We wondered if that had anything to do with the success of Annabelle, and if New Line might be thinking of making more spin-off movies based on the Warren case files, instead of doing a proper sequel. Turns out we were totally wrong — the delay is so that New Line could accommodate the Conjuring 2 director: a returning James Wan. Read More »
New Line had planned a Conjuring sequel for October 2015, but that plan has changed. Just weeks after the Conjuring spin-off Annabelle opened in the US, New Line has pulled The Conjuring 2 off the 3015 schedule, pushing it into 2016. The studio will still use that date for horror, and will release a different, as-yet untitled horror movie on the old Conjuring 2 date. Could this have anything to do with the good reception for Annabelle, which technically exists in the same series, but was a lot cheaper to make? Read More »