Posted on Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christopher Walken and more board Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser
- Mercedes-Benz shares a new bit of Jurassic World footage
- Optimus Prime says Transformers 5 and 6 might be less dark
- Liam Neeson kinda sorta maybe wants to make a Taken 4
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will shoot this summer
- Seth Grahame-Smith teases Beetlejuice 2 and The Lego Batman Movie
- Duncan Jones addresses the possibility of Warcraft sequels
- James Wan‘s The Conjuring 2 is getting a rewrite
- Check out the first poster for Toho’s Godzilla reboot
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: The team behind Saw and Insidious both had their new horror movies moved around on the schedule today. Insidious Chapter 3, written and directed by Leigh Whannell, has been moved back one week to June 5, 2015. One year after that his partner in crime, James Wan, will release The Conjuring 2. The new Conjuring 2 release date is set for June 10, 2016.
Whannell wrote the first two Insidious films with Wan directing, before moving on with the franchise solo. In the interm, Wan went on and made Furious 7. The pair also co-created the Saw franchise. [Box Office Mojo]
Last night the news broke that New Line had pushed The Conjuring 2 out of 2015 and into an un-dated 2016 release window. We wondered if that had anything to do with the success of Annabelle, and if New Line might be thinking of making more spin-off movies based on the Warren case files, instead of doing a proper sequel. Turns out we were totally wrong — the delay is so that New Line could accommodate the Conjuring 2 director: a returning James Wan. Read More »
New Line had planned a Conjuring sequel for October 2015, but that plan has changed. Just weeks after the Conjuring spin-off Annabelle opened in the US, New Line has pulled The Conjuring 2 off the 3015 schedule, pushing it into 2016. The studio will still use that date for horror, and will release a different, as-yet untitled horror movie on the old Conjuring 2 date. Could this have anything to do with the good reception for Annabelle, which technically exists in the same series, but was a lot cheaper to make? Read More »
Briefly: Six months ago, who would have though James Wan’s The Conjuring would itself conjure not one, but two, follow-ups? A spin-off, Annabelle, is currently filming. Now Warner Bros. has set a prime October 23, 2015 release date for the direct sequel to the paranormal investigation film. Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes are writing and Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson are now confirmed to return. There’s no word on the plot, but Lorraine Warren was again interviewed extensively as research. [ERCboxoffice and Variety]
Posted on Thursday, January 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Vin Diesel has Fast & Furious 7 and a fourth Riddick movie coming up, and now he has XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage to look forward to, too. Also after the jump:
- Perrey Reeves will return as “Mrs. Ari” for the Entourage movie
- Vera Farmiga says The Conjuring 2 is waiting on James Wan
- The Purge sequel starts shooting in LA and picks up a new title
- Lifetime is moving ahead with a Flowers in the Attic sequel
- Here’s a better look at Transformers‘ Bumblebee in robot mode
- … and a more detailed synopsis of the movie
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The food puns keep on coming in a new batch of posters from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Also after the jump:
- Director Scott Derrickson will return for Sinister 2 in some capacity
- Keri Russell offers more Dawn of the Planet of the Apes plot details
- The Conjuring 2 won’t be about Amityville, unless Patrick Wilson is lying
- Vin Diesel and David Twohy consider where the Riddick series will go next
- The Farrelly Bros. announce a contest for a Dumb and Dumber To role
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies up one week on Fox’s release calendar
- Food puns abound on new Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Only one day has passed but there’s already another rumored front runner for the Star Trek 3 directing gig: Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt. Read about that, and lots more, in this edition of Sequel Bits:
- A rumored plot has been revealed for a sequel to The Conjuring.
- Karl Urban wants more originality in Star Trek 3.
- Matt Damon is still open to Bourne and Rounders sequels.
- Anchorman: The Legend Continues graces the cover of Entertainment Weekly.
- Plus, we get our first hint of how Ron Burgundy starts the film.
- Despite rumors, Tara Reid could still be in Sharknado 2.
- The Smurfs 2 will feature extra footage in India.
- 22 Jump Street might have a big surprise cameo.
- Andrew Stanton said Finding Dory originally came from a Disney request.
Read More »