Posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has revealed its first trailer. John Madden‘s follow-up to his 2012 sleeper hit once again picks up with the colorful residents of the titular retirement center — all of whom, proprietor Sonny (Dev Patel) is careful to confirm, are still alive.
Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton, Celia Imrie, Diana Hardcastle, and Ronald Pickup all reprise their roles from the first film. Joining the gang this time around are Guy (Richard Gere) and Lavinia (Tamsin Greig), both of whom want the only vacant room left. Watch The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s dropping by Conan next month? Here’s a hint: He looks a lot like Will Ferrell. Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves has “no idea” if Bill & Ted 3 will ever happen
- Michael Bay talks Transformers 4: “There was a lot of dynamite”
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 will shoot early next year
- Harrison Ford explains what he’s doing in The Expendables 3
- Trick ‘r Treat director reveals what he wants in the sequel
Read More »
The end of the year is approaching and that means award season. Every year it starts with regional critic groups and then slowly gets to the bigger, more influential groups leading up through the Academy Awards. If a film hopes to gain an Academy Award nomination, its first major hurdle is the Screen Actors Guild. Actors make up the majority of Academy voters so it’s an important group of champions to win over heading towards the Dolby Theater (formerly the Kodak Theater).
This year, the Screen Actors Guild has nominated actors from Argo, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Les Misérables, Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook for its top award, Best Ensemble, with those last two leading all other films with four nominations each. Noticeably absent? Zero Dark Thirty, the current Oscar front-runner. Does this hurt its chances? See how the film did in all the other categories below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
Old people begin and end today’s Sequel Bits, which include updates on Red 2 and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2. After the jump:
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is getting sequelized (as The Second-Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?)
- Eli Roth is interested in The Man With the Iron Fists 2
- Producer Gregg Wilson chats about the status of Bond 24
- Ian McKellen details his decision to return for The Hobbit
- Look at two more photos from The Fast and the Furious 6
- See new pics from the London-as-Moscow set of Red 2
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Fox Searchlight wants to go back to India. But this won’t quite be a return to a story like Slumdog Millionaire — i.e. the film that made Fox Searchlight a ton of money and generated a few Oscars to decorate the mantle.
This time the company is looking at a film that skews a bit older than Slumdog, which had rather broad appeal, managed to do. That said, Slumdog star Dev Patel is being courted for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which also has a storied cast in talks to take the lead roles, and John Madden (Shakespeare in Love, the My Fair Lady remake) as possible director. Read More »