Posted on Thursday, January 12th, 2017 by Angie Han
It’s the TCAs this week, and that means we’ve got lots of big TV news coming our way right now. So let’s get them all taken care of right now, shall we? After the jump:
- FX’s Atlanta won’t return until 2018.
- FX’s American Crime Story also won’t return until 2018.
- American Horror Story has been renewed. Yes, again.
- Archer, The Americans, and Feud get premiere dates.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events gets a second season.
- Big Little Lies and Riverdale unleash new teasers.
- Arrested Development season 5 is “close,” supposedly.
- Lethal Weapon casts Thomas Lennon as Joe Pesci.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 14th, 2016 by Angie Han
Earlier today the 2016 Emmy nominations were announced, and you know what that means: it’s time to complain about how wrongheaded Emmy voters are for failing to recognize your favorite show. That’s part of the fun, right? But while we’re at it, it’s worth pointing out a few things they got right, too, even if — as in the case of The Americans — it took ’em a while. Below, let’s look over some of 2016 Emmy snubs and surprises. Read More »
FX’s The Americans will soon wrap up season four. The Cold War-era drama, which first aired in 2013, saw a drop in viewerships with season two and three. The Americans has never been a juggernaut in the ratings, which has often made fans worry the show wouldn’t end on its own terms. FX has remained a major supporter of the show, ratings be damned, and the network will allow the series’ co-runners Joe Fields and Joe Weisberg to complete the drama with two final seasons.
Below, learn more about The Americans final seasons.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 10th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
For the past three years, The Americans has quietly become one of the best shows on television. Joseph Weisberg‘s unflinching tale of spies and family and 1980s America was good from its pilot, but it became great in its second season and magnificent in its third. There are no shortage of espionage stories being told on TV these days, but The Americans, gray and pessimistic and brutal and loaded with all of the necessary dread for a Cold War story, is unafraid to explore what the actual life of a spy would be like. It’s all waiting, punctuated by moments of horrible violence and tough decisions.
The first snippet of marketing for the new season has arrived and while it’s not much, it’s a reminder that this really is one of the most compelling things on television and that FX is doing good work by brining it back. In a perfect universe, this show would be as popular and talked-about as Fargo.
Watch the The Americans season 4 teaser after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
Most of the FX and FXX shows you’re currently following, including American Horror Story and Fargo, will be wrapping up their current seasons in the next couple of months. But don’t let that get you down — it just means they’re clearing the calendar for other shows to come your way.
FX has just announced premiere dates for two of its new series, American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson and Zach Galifianakis‘ Baskets, while moving The Americans to later in the spring. Meanwhile, FXX has set return dates for comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Man Seeking Woman. Get the American Crime Story premiere date and more after the jump. Read More »
This morning brought the nominations for the 67th Emmy Awards, and while the winners (and losers) won’t be revealed until September 20th on Fox, the nominations themselves are enough to stir up some conversation.
When it comes down to itt’s all a matter of personal preference, and the opinions of average viewers don’t always match up with what the Emmys have cooked up. But we can’t help but notice some of the more annoying snubs, as well as some wonderful surprises, in this year’s round of honorees.
Check out our list of 2015 Emmy snubs and surprises after the jump! Read More »
Dave, Devindra, and DC Pierson discuss the awesomeness of The Americans, praise the polarizing Stoker, try to get you to watch Enlightened, and get confused about Channing Tatum’s involvement with our FilmAid fundraiser. Check out DC Pierson’s new book, Crap Kingdom. Be sure to check out DC’s newest stand-up set.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lots of casting, first looks and more in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump find the following:
- Your first look at Showtime’s new shows Masters of Sex with Lizzy Caplan and Ray Donovan with Liev Schrieber.
- Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon will helm the pilot for the ABC 1980s family comedy How the F Am I Normal?
- Jessica Lange will stay with American Horror Story unless Ryan Murphy “sinks the ship.”
- Meet the season six guest stars of Californication, including Maggie Grace.
- Check out a photo from the final table read of 30 Rock.
- Emmy winner Margo Martindale joins the cast of The Americans.
- Billy Campbell is not returning to The Killing.
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson joins Hannibal.
- Watch the trailer for Doctor Who: The Snowmen, a Christmas special.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s already time to look ahead to January, apparently, seeing as today’s TV Bits includes updates on three shows premiering in early 2013. After the jump:
- Leslie’s celebrity crush Joe Biden is coming to Parks & Recreation
- ReelzChannel is planning a sequel to 2011’s political soap The Kennedys
- Netflix is on the verge of a deal to save AMC’s The Killing for Season 3
- Vampire Hunter Abe steals Jesse Pinkman’s job (not the meth-making one)
- Watch the trailer for the spy drama The Americans, starring Keri Russell
- Portlandia sets a return date and announces a winter special watch a clip
- The Sex and the City prequel Carrie Diaries hits The CW on January 14
- The CW’s Beauty and the Beast and NBC’s Chicago Fire will stick around
Read More »