The art above is the production logo for That’s What I’m Talking About, the new film from Richard Linklater. We’re stretching the definition of “sequel bits” just a little here, but the movie has been called a “spiritual sequel” to Dazed and Confused. Linklater started production on the movie this week, and that image is in celebration of the ongoing production.
- The Woman in Black – Angel of Death gets a new US release date,
- James Wan talks about Fast & Furious 7,
- Producers suggest there’s a plan for a new Saw film in 2016,
- A new Horrible Bosses 2 poster goes online,
- As does a Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb poster,
- And James Cameron talks Terminator.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In Dazed & Confused the sport on the minds of the main characters was football. (Well, it was drinking and sex, and then football) In the “spiritual sequel” to the 1993 film, That’s What I’m Talking About, the guys will play baseball. Richard Linklater has cast a fond eye towards America’s Pastime before, when he remade The Bad News Bears. Now, his new film will continue Dazed‘s process of filtering his own youthful memories and experiences through comedy. News on the potential That’s What I’m Talking About cast is below.
Update: The first cast member is signed, and it isn’t any of the three people originally mentioned. More info below.
Read More »
For the past few years Richard Linklater has been attached to direct The Incredible Mr. Limpet for Warner Bros. That’s the remake of the 1964 film (or a re-adaptation of the source novel by Theodore Pratt) in which a man turns into a fish… which then helps the Navy find and sink German U-Boats. The original film featured Don Knotts as the title character, and used classic cel animation to make the fish scenes come alive. The remake will ditch the war angle, and follow a beach bum who hopes to protect local marine life from rapacious business interests.
Now Linklater has bailed on making the film, and Warner Bros. is moving quickly to find a new director. But the reason for Linklater’s departure is one that will make many readers happy. He’s skipping the fish picture in order to make That’s What I’m Talking About, the semi-autobiographical film that has been called a “spiritual successor to Dazed & Confused.” Read More »
You want Riddick photos, Star Trek 2 photos, Men in Black 3‘s website, Dazed and Confused 2 rumors, American Reunion images and news on who just saw the first screening of The Dark Knight Rises? It’s all here in Sequel Bits, which includes:
- The first look at Battlestar Galactica‘s Katee Sackhoff on the set of Riddick.
- Your first look at John Cho‘s Sulu in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Trek 2.
- A few new looks at Men in Black 3 on its official website.
- Richard Linklater and Matthew McConaughey talk about bringing back Wooderson for a Dazed and Confused sequel.
- New photos from the upcoming comedy American Reunion.
- Christopher Nolan just showed the first cut of The Dark Knight Rises to Warner Bros. executives.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Richard Linklater can barely catch a break this year. His film Me & Orson Welles finally found marginal distribution, and hasn’t been nabbing particularly good reviews. That’s What I’m Talking About, his ‘spiritual sequel’ to Dazed & Confused, couldn’t get off the ground earlier this year. And now Liars (A-E), the film he recently set up at Miramax, is dead, too. Linklater even says that School of Rock 2 isn’t going anywhere. Man, someone give this guy a break! Read More »