Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Kevin Smith is still pretty sure Clerks III will be his best film ever. It’s not clear whether Rosario Dawson totally agrees with that sentiment, but apparently she wants in too. Also after the jump:
- Danny Boyle dishes on the Trainspotting sequel
- Gru is an awkward parent in Despicable Me 2 clip
- Terry Crews goofs around in a Cloudy 2 featurette
- Before Midnight debuts an international poster
- New poster reminds us of Global Smurfs Day
- Get a peek at Keenser in Star Trek Into Darkness
- Listen to a bit of the Star Trek Into Darkness score
- Chris Pine was “scared” to play Captain Kirk
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It’s something of a crime that Scary Movie 5 is being sold using Danny Elfman’s great theme from Beetlejuice, but since the whole movie looks like something of a crime, I guess it’s just par for the course.
The movie continues the series’ goal of parodying big horror movies, and this trailer incorporates a bunch of gags that riff on Evil Dead and Mama, among other movies. It works about as well as the first trailer did, which is to say that your mileage with this one will probably vary based on
The trailer, which isn’t set up as a red-band, but might not be safe for work thanks to a shower scene. Read More »
I put off seeing Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, because I had no associations with the book from which the film took inspiration, and I thought the film would be childish and ridiculous based on the title. I was wrong; the movie is super-charming and well-made.
This year we’ll see the sequel, and the first trailer has just been released. Two guys who worked on the first movie, Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, were chosen by the original film’s directors to helm this sequel, and they’re taking the chance to make a bigger, weirder movie. This trailer shows off the film’s new food-landscapes, and gives us a chance to hear Terry Crews as the returning character Officer Earl, voiced in the original film by Mr. T.
There are a few places where this trailer suggests that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 relies on some of the jokes we liked in the first, but it’s still a fun, vivid bit of footage. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
The cheeseburger rainstorms may have ceased for now, but Flint Lockwood’s battles with food are far from over. In this fall’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs sequel, Flint (Bill Hader) continues to deal with the consequences of his malfunctioning FLDSMDFR device when he discovers that it’s created a new race of food-animal hybrids — or “food-imals,” in the first of many groanworthy (but secretly hilarious… or not? Just me?) puns.
Initially, Flint and his girlfriend Sam Sparks (Anna Faris) are in awe of the lush, colorful creatures. But then, so were the characters in Jurassic Park with their dinosaurs, and we all know how that ended. Before long, the food-imals are threatening to take over entirely, and it’s up to Flint and Sam to save the town again. See the first images from the film after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits consists of a bit of casting info, some scheduling notes, and several interesting promos. After the jump:
- Bates Motel casts the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory kid as Norman
- Isla Fisher and Terry Crews have been added to Arrested Development
- Breaking Bad‘s Jonathan Banks will go gangster on CBS’ Vegas
- Shameless, House of Lies, and Californication return in January
- HBO and CBS lead the Creative Arts Emmys with 17 and 13 wins, respectively
- Revisit familiar faces in the first teaser for Season 2 of Girls
- See The Office‘s newest additions in a new promo for Season 9
- Still more American Horror Story: Asylum teasers hit the web
- Everyone is exhausted in new Walking Dead teaser and stills
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was a great surprise, a fun and very well-animated film that stands as one of the better kids’ films released in the last few years. (And therefore is also a good watch for adults.) While Cloudy directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are only producing the sequel Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, they’ve handed off directorial duties to Cody Cameron (story artist on Cloudy) and Kris Pearn (head of story on the first film), who are working from a script by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein and Erica Rivinoja.
The directorial change isn’t the only big one happening, however, as Mr. T, who voiced the intense, enthusiastic town cop Earl, will not be heard this time. The character does return, however, voiced by Terry Crews. We’ve got some more cast info and a lot of story details below. Read More »
The summer of 2012 — a summer that turned out to be rather a mixed bag, as so many hotly-anticipated movie seasons tend to — ends with a bang, or at least an explosion. The Expendables 2 is the Simon West-directed sequel to the Sylvester Stallone film that crammed together a whole bunch of aging action stars in one film.
For the sequel the roster has expanded, with Chuck Norris showing up, Jean-Claude Van Damme as the bad guy (and getting some of the best notes in reviews so far) and expanded roles for Bruce Willis and the post-political Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some of the action looks great, much of the script looks silly, and the guys are all ripped and grimacing, for most of the time, at least.
So how did The Expendables 2 turn out? Germain enjoyed it, with his review highlighting both the silliness and the fact that the film, unlike the first one, does most of what it promises. We’d like to know what you think, too. So sound off after the break, where spoiler comments are encouraged. Read More »
One actor joins a sequel and teases a second, while a different actor dismisses a sequel and approves another. All that and more in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Mel Gibson says he wouldn’t do a fifth Lethal Weapon and was at one point interested in doing Mad Max 4.
- Speaking of Mad Max: Fury Road, an official plot synopsis has been revealed.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse has some choice adjectives for Kick-Ass 2.
- Even more tributes have been cast in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- Gareth Evans tweeted a concept image from Berandal, the sequel to The Raid Redemption.
- Expendables 2 and Newsroom star Terry Crews is joining Scary Movie 5 and seems confident Expendables 3 will happen.
- The first two deaths of Scary Movie 5 have been confirmed.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
This special edition of TV Bits looks to the future, with several bits of info about new projects in development. After the jump:
- Kelsey Grammer produces a Freakonomics-inspired drama for NBC
- Warren Ellis‘ crime novel Gun Machine is being adapted for TV by Fox
- Fox is developing a television adaptation of Danny Boyle‘s The Beach
- The CW is prepping its own contemporary take on Sleepy Hollow
- FX picks up The Americans, a Cold War drama starring Keri Russell
- Luther creator Neil Cross and the BBC consider an Alice-centric spinoff
- Terry Crews‘ Camacho could feature in a web-based Idiocracy spinoff
Read More »