The first trailer for Jonathan Liebesman‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot was received pretty well considering all the naysaying before the film was made. For years, fans raged online about rumored changes to their beloved comic book heroes-turned Saturday morning cartoon superstars. It turns out almost all of that venom was for naught as the trailer delivered a pretty solid tease of a film that seems very much in line with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles we know and love.
Except for one, small thing.
The look of the Turtles was a big point of contention. And not the samurai inspired outfits; it was the noses. The Turtles looked super creepy, like a star after plastic surgery with a flat nose and two tiny nostrils. It’s definitely a more human look, but they’re not human. They’re turtles.
Leave it to the Internet to mess with the filmmaker’s vision. One Ninja Turtles fan tweaked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of the new movie, and improved their faces. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
After years of speculation and controversy, the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer is finally here. Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, this reboot of the comic book turned TV show turned movie series has a more modern feel than previous incarnations. We hear Shredder (William Fichtner) talk about creating heroes with reporter April O’Neil (Megan Fox) and then, there they are. Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael. Well, not all of them together. Not in this short tease for the August 8 release. But you get a pretty good idea. Check it out below Read More »
UPDATE: As we continue to wait for the trailer, we’ve updated with a 30 second sneak peak of the trailer.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer comes online Thursday, but in the meantime some teases of what’s in store have made their way online. They’re just a few small Ninja Turtles images, but it should be just enough to tide you over until we get the full meal on Thursday. Check ‘em out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Read More »
Thursday brings the first trailer for Jonathan Liebesman‘s reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Monday, however, the trailer debuted at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, NV, where it generated a little wave of controversy. Apparently, the trailer suggests April O’Neil’s father, along with Shredder, helped create the ooze that created the turtles. Read more about the Ninja Turtles movie origin below. Read More »
Briefly: Set photos, spy shots, toys; in a few short weeks none of it will matter. One of the producers on the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake revealed the first teaser trailer will be released alongside Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4. Hopefully, with it will come our first official look at the new design director Jonathan Liebesman is working with. The film opens August 8. [Coming Soon]
Posted on Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
When we first reported on the Naked Gun reboot, we wrote that star Ed Helms was “the new Leslie Nielsen.” As it turns out, that’s not quite accurate. Hit the jump to find out the relation between Helms’ character and Nielsen’s. Also:
- The Tekken prequel gets a title and a star
- Brad Fuller offers plot details on The Purge 2
- … and hints at a Jason-free Friday the 13th…
- … and shuts down those TMNT alien rumors
- Kimberly Peirce doesn’t want more Carrie movies
- Ron Howard confirms Chris Pratt for Jurassic World
- Watch the A Haunted House 2 trailer at your own risk
- HBO is already working on the Normal Heart sequel
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one way 2014 won’t be much different from 2013: The flood of sequels, reboots, and remakes isn’t slowing down anytime soon. After the jump:
- Short Term 12 star Keith Stanfield will be part of The Purge 2
- That Starship Troopers remake will be closer to the source material
- Jon M. Chu talks G.I. Joe 3 and dropping Masters of the Universe
- What do the new Ninja Turtles action figures tell us about the movie?
- The guys are back together for a new Horrible Bosses 2 image
Read More »