Briefly: Set photos, spy shots, toys; in a few short weeks none of it will matter. One of the producers on the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake revealed the first teaser trailer will be released alongside Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4. Hopefully, with it will come our first official look at the new design director Jonathan Liebesman is working with. The film opens August 8. [Coming Soon]
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
When we first reported on the Naked Gun reboot, we wrote that star Ed Helms was “the new Leslie Nielsen.” As it turns out, that’s not quite accurate. Hit the jump to find out the relation between Helms’ character and Nielsen’s. Also:
- The Tekken prequel gets a title and a star
- Brad Fuller offers plot details on The Purge 2
- … and hints at a Jason-free Friday the 13th…
- … and shuts down those TMNT alien rumors
- Kimberly Peirce doesn’t want more Carrie movies
- Ron Howard confirms Chris Pratt for Jurassic World
- Watch the A Haunted House 2 trailer at your own risk
- HBO is already working on the Normal Heart sequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one way 2014 won’t be much different from 2013: The flood of sequels, reboots, and remakes isn’t slowing down anytime soon. After the jump:
- Short Term 12 star Keith Stanfield will be part of The Purge 2
- That Starship Troopers remake will be closer to the source material
- Jon M. Chu talks G.I. Joe 3 and dropping Masters of the Universe
- What do the new Ninja Turtles action figures tell us about the movie?
- The guys are back together for a new Horrible Bosses 2 image
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been clear ever since William Fichtner was cast as Shredder that Jonathan Liebesman‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot would take some liberties with the character’s history. For one thing, Shredder has been portrayed as Japanese in the past, but Fichtner’s take obviously won’t be.
And that’s not the only thing that’s changed. “I can tell you that who Shredder is in the telling of this Turtles is unlike any telling of the story before,” he said. Hit the jump to read his comments on his character, and his possible appearance in the sequels.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Welcome back from the long weekend, if you had one. Here’s what you may have missed in the wonderful world of sequel news:
- Writer Adam Horowitz offers a little Tron 3 update
- Vanilla Ice really wants to be in the new Ninja Turtles
- Kevin Smith hopes to release Clerks 3 in November 2014
- The Aliens vs. Predator comic book gets a relaunch
- Lloyd opens up in new Dumb and Dumber To set pics
- Take a peek at Channing Tatum in 22 Jump Street
- A big battle will hit Hong Kong in Transformers 4
Read More »
Briefly: The Michael Bay-produced, Jonathan Liebesman-directed reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be coming out of the sewer a few weeks later than planned. Originally set for release June 6, 2014, it’ll now be released August 8, 2014. That’s one week after Guardians of the Galaxy and one week before The Expendables 3.
The film stars Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Whoopi Goldberg and William Fichtner in human roles. Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard and Pete Ploszek are the Turtles. [ERC Box Office]
Not sure exactly how this hit our radar this week, but it did. So let’s roll with it.
The 1990 live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film made over $200 million across the world, certifying it as one of that year’s most successful films. Who could forget the ending where, after defeating Shredder, Leonardo, Raphael, Michaelangelo and Donatello spout out a slew of suitably radical adjectives before Master Splinter throws in his own, they all laugh, and the amazing song “T.U.R.T.L.E. Power” rolled over the credits?
Originally, though, that was not the end of the film. In fact the film moved on from there into an alternate ending which put a meta bow on it all. And, wouldn’t you know it? That ending is on YouTube. Check it out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Last week’s confirmation that William Fichtner would play Shredder in Jonathan Liebesman‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot didn’t come as much of a shock. His role was described in the initial casting report as an “iconic” one from the Turtles universe, and aside from the Turtles themselves, they don’t get much more iconic than Shredder.
But it did raise some eyebrows. Shredder has always been a Japanese man, and Fichtner, talented as he is, is not that. Surprise surprise, it turns out Liebesman made Fichtner fit by altering the classic character. Hit the jump to learn more about the new version.
Read More »