The truest selling point of a Seth MacFarlane film is its red-band trailer. That’s where the writer/director’s humor is on full display and you’re about to get a lot of it in the latest Ted 2 trailer. It’s red-band, so the language is VERY not safe for work and it’s right in that MacFarlane wheel house: bodily fluids, drugs, race and lots of sex.
In Ted 2, Ted and John (Mark Wahlberg) continue to move on with their lives and Ted wants to start a family. Unfortunately, the law says he can’t because he’s not considered a person. So begins a legal battle for Ted’s civil rights lead by lawyer Samantha L. Jackson (Amanda Seyfried). In the Ted 2 red band trailer, there are a bevy of jokes, including some almost full sequences that certainly position the sequel as a likely Summer hit. But will it be as funny or original as the first? Watch and figure it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
When we weren’t crying over the Nationwide ad, singing along to Katy Perry’s halftime show, or screaming / cackling at Pete Carroll’s ill-fated fourth-quarter call, we were oohing and ahhing over the many many Super Bowl movie trailers unveiled last night.
Everything from Ted 2 to Tomorrowland was represented, with more robots, dinosaurs, flying cars, and college a cappella singers than you could shake a stick at. Watch all of the 2015 Super Bowl movie trailers after the jump. Read More »
Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane return for Ted 2, in which Wahlberg plays an adult whose childhood toy has come to life — and now the sentient teddy bear wants to have a child. That poses some obvious potential problems, and the Ted 2 Super Bowl spot is kind of a mini-heist scenario showing how the duo attempts to deal with the situation. Specifically, they try to get Tom Brady to donate a little genetic material to the process… except that he doesn’t know that’s about to happen. Read More »
You can’t keep a good bear down and, this summer, a not-so-good bear is back for more. Seth MacFarlane‘s Ted 2 hits theaters June 26 with the writer/director reprising his performance capture role as the foul-mouth, partying teddy bear came to life alongside his best “Thunder Buddy” John, played by Mark Wahlberg. Now, the first Ted 2 trailer is here, finally giving fans an idea of just what happened after the first movie. Watch the Ted 2 trailer below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The Super Bowl is Sunday and while the Seahawks and Patriots will battling on the field, the movie studios will be battling in the breaks. Several big summer movies are confirmed to have commercials with a few others still rumored. Among the obvious ones, Jurassic World and Terminator Genisys. What other movie Super Bowl commericals will you see? Find out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ted 2 may not have the name-brand recognition of an Avengers or the budget of a Star Wars, but it is the only sequel of 2015 that has a foul-mouthed teddy bear as one of its leads. The first image from the new comedy shows said teddy bear (voiced by Seth MacFarlane) with his best friend John (Mark Wahlberg), preparing to for a swim.
The relationship at the heart of Sisters is less unusual, but no less intriguing. Real-life BFFs / perennial Golden Globes co-hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler star as grown-up siblings plotting one last epic house party. Hit the jump for the first looks at Ted 2 and Sisters. Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has joined the cast of Magic Mike XXL.
- Bruce Greenwood talks possible Star Trek 3 return.
- Brad Bird talks about how The Incredibles 2 is progressing.
- John Cho says Bob Orci is “going to blow people away” with Star Trek 3
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »