Thunder buddies John and Ted may not have a lot of luck with women in 2015′s Ted 2. Writer/director/star Seth MacFarlane has just cast Amanda Seyfried as the leading love interest in the film. That might sound odd considering the place John (played by Mark Wahlberg, who is returning) was in at the end of the first film with Mila Kunis’ character. However, she may only appear in a small role this time around, if at all, with Seyfried acting as the new romantic lead. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: Ted is coming later than we thought. Initially, writer director Seth MacFarlane announced a April 2015 release for Ted 2, the sequel to last year’s smash hit comedy. And while the follow-up hasn’t even begun production, that date has already changed.
Ted 2, starring Mark Wahlberg, will now be released June 26, 2015. It’s a weekend in a super packed summer that no one had yet claimed and will mark Wahlberg’s second straight summer with a July 4 weekend release (Transformers: Age of Extinction is out June 27, 2014.)
Seth MacFarlane is such a jokester, it’s hard to take anything he says seriously. But he may have just revealed when Ted 2 will be coming out.
While the timeline for a possible Passover 2015 release for Ted 2 certainly sounds plausible, it’s MacFarlane’s use of “Passover” and not “April” or “Spring” that raises eyebrows. Passover is a particularly important festival in the Jewish calendar. Wouldn’t releasing a movie as raunchy as Ted 2 at that time seem a little off? Then again, maybe that’s the point.
UPDATE: This date has, in fact, been confirmed. Read More »
Things are slowing down as we get closer to Christmas, but there’s always talk of sequels. Today, we’ve rounded up discussion of many forms of upcoming sequels, from sci-fi to comedy and action. After the break,
- The Russian title for Star Trek Into Darkness has some opposition
- and Paramount has revised the synopsis for Trek 2
- Mark Wahlberg thinks Ted 2 will shoot next year, after Transformers,
- Judd Apatow discusses reuniting everyone for Anchorman 2,
- Riddick gets a September 2013 release date,
- and Taken 2 can be had digitally, right now.
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits is heavy on the big macho movies, but we’ve got some indie work in here too. After the jump read about:
- A new poster is out for A Good Day To Die Hard, and the film will be released in IMAX
- Mark Wahlberg says Transformers 4 starts shooting starts in May, and it’ll be his most challenging role yet.
- The star also thinks Ted 2 might be ready to shoot after that and the ideas are “sick.”
- David Cronenberg explains why Eastern Promises 2 didn’t happen and his idea for The Fly 2, which also didn’t happen.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
None of these updates are all that major, but there are a lot of them so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum won’t direct Magic Mike 2 just yet
- Stephen King‘s The Shining (book) sequel gets dated
- Jude Law is totally up for more Sherlock Holmes
- Karen Allen reiterates Indy 5 is up to George Lucas
- Seth MacFarlane is “thinking about” a sequel to Ted
- Men in Black 3 and the trilogy hit Blu-ray / DVD this fall
- Rosario Dawson says Sin City 2 will shoot in November
- Super Troopers 2 hits legal trouble; Pot Quest still simmering
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Seth MacFarlane‘s directorial debut Ted did really well this summer — well enough that sequel talk began almost immediately. And now NBCUniversal’s CEO is saying that the studio wants to make more out of Ted “as soon as we can,” along with more franchise entries from the Bourne series, Despicable Me, and Fast and Furious. Read More »